Is there any way to view whole project outline ?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
solewalker
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Is there any way to view whole project outline ?

Post by solewalker »

Hello everyone,
I have noticed outline view only shows code outline of the current opened file in the editor which is good, is there anyway I can view the whole project outline rather than a single file. So, I could be able to see all my classes, global functions and variables declared in my project. Or am I missing something. I think, it would be much easier to navigate through the project if I can see whole project outline.

If needed I can also open a feature request for it, and pardon me if it is already implemented and I cant find it.
Jarod42
CodeLite Expert

Re: Is there any way to view whole project outline ?

Post by Jarod42 »

Not what you want, but 'Find resource..' (Ctrl + Shift + R) may help.
solewalker
CodeLite Veteran

Post by solewalker »

I think I need to open a feature request as codeblock already has this feature. But I have just found that codelite used to have a symbol view plugin but it is not available now, I wonder why ? I have also found a screenshot, which suggests that we could be able to see the whole project symbol or current file symbol,
http://sourceforge.net/p/codelite/bugs/ ... iteBUG.PNG

But I dont know why it is not available now :\
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

solewalker wrote:I think I need to open a feature request as codeblock already has this feature
You should know that this is not a good reason for implemeting it, codelite have features that C::B does not have ... and vice versa
solewalker wrote:But I have just found that codelite used to have a symbol view plugin but it is not available now
It was unstable and no one maintained it

To be honest, I will probably won't implement this, as I think there are enough functionality to display the outline (either use Ctrl-Shift-R or Ctrl-Shift-O for specific file)
A patch is welcomed. But note that providing a patch without the will to maintain its functioanlity will likely be rejected

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
solewalker
CodeLite Veteran

Post by solewalker »

solewalker wrote:I think I need to open a feature request as codeblock already has this feature
ifran wrote: You should know that this is not a good reason for implemeting it, codelite have features that C::B does not have ... and vice versa
Well, that was a really stupid quote from, sorry for that. I found about codelite symbol view plugin before I got to know C::B implementation. But did not know it was unstable and thus removed. I would love to help but I have no knowledge of WxWidget but its on my list of, things to learn :)

This is a great project and maintained beautifully by a single developer, I would really hope a few developer would come forward to contribute this project.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

solewalker wrote:by a single developer
Don't forget DavidGH.. who is also a core developer for several years now and packages all the Linux distros + wxWidgets (checkout the git commit logs ;))

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
solewalker
CodeLite Veteran

Post by solewalker »

Don't forget DavidGH.. who is also a core developer for several years now and packages all the Linux distros + wxWidgets (checkout the git commit logs ;))
Another stupid mistake by me :oops: Yeah, this is a great project maintained by a couple of great developer. I first found about codelite, while trying ORX game engine which is also maintained by a lead developer and a couple of community developers. I think this kind of projects need more attention.