General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Latest version of CppCheck

Post by iwbnwif »

Hello!

At the moment CL includes an older version of CppCheck (1.54) and the plugin seems to be hard coded to use its own version.

Is there a way of configuring CL to use the latest version (1.59) and the imminent 1.60?

Also I don't see any highlighting of the output from CppCheck as has been shown in some older screenshots. Has this feature been removed?

Many thanks!
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran

Re: Latest version of CppCheck

Post by iwbnwif »

Of course the obvious solution on Linux is to delete the /usr/bin/codelite_cppcheck executable and replace it with a symlink to the standard cppcheck executable :D
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
At the moment CL includes an older version of CppCheck
Yes. It gets upgraded every year or 3 ;) .
Also I don't see any highlighting of the output from CppCheck as has been shown in some older screenshots. Has this feature been removed?
Hmm. That seems to have been a casualty of last year's change from wxScintilla to wxSTC; the CppCheckReportPage::ColorLine lexer code (which depended on wxScintilla) was commented out...

Regards,

David
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran

Post by iwbnwif »

Hi, thanks for that.

Is there a reason why a 'custom' version of cppcheck is being used rather than just the one in /usr/bin?

I know that the checker does some clever things with include files so I guess it might be related to this...
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

I don't know; I can't remember if it's customised. Perhaps so that it's available even if the user doesn't have their own installation (which most people won't, I suspect).
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran

Post by iwbnwif »

Ah, I see thanks.