Default Keyboard ShortCuts Dont Work And Cant B Customized!

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
kam
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Default Keyboard ShortCuts Dont Work And Cant B Customized!

Post by kam »

HI

I'm new to Codelite and am having problems with keyboard shortcuts. I'm using a Mac Desktop Pro running Lion OSX 10.4.7 with a proprietary Mac Keyboard. The Keyboard shortcuts currently set as default in Codelite don't work (IE press the relevant key and absolutely nothing happens). Keyboard input does not register in the 'Keyboard Shortcut Edit Box' either which remains blank even though I'm pressing the custom keys like mad; in other words: the program appears not to be listening to keyboard input. This is frustrating 'coz I obviously don't want to be clicking the mouse to step through code during debugging. I wonder whether anyone else has come across a solution to this problem? I wonder whether there is a preference file somewhere that can be configured by hand? Any help greatly appreciated!...
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Default Keyboard ShortCuts Dont Work And Cant B Customized!

Post by eranif »

kam wrote:The Keyboard shortcuts currently set as default in Codelite don't work
All of them do not work? or some specific ones? I have a Mac and I can debug (the default F10 is not working on Mac as it assigned to some focus/workspace view crap)
But I can change keyboard shortcuts...

If you can't modify user keyboard using the UI, try modifying the config file directly:

1) Close codelite
2) Open the file:

Code: Select all

CodeLite.app/./Contents/SharedSupport/config/accelerators.conf.default
Search for:

Code: Select all

dbg_next
The last parameter of each line is the accelerator - edit this line, you can see it is set to F10 by default - change it to something else (look at the file to see the formt expected)
3) Start codelite
4) from the menu: Settings -> Keyboard shortcuts and click on the "Defaults" button (this will reload the file)

In addition, since you are a Mac user (and we dont have many of them)
Can you please try this version out? (backup your current version)
http://codelite.org/download/codelite.app.zip

Why should u use it:

An improved editor performance ( you will notice that the editor is *faster*)
A soft colors when a selection is made (it now uses 'alpha' channel)
Improved 'Build' output tab
A better code completion box / tips (in the current version that you are using, the code completion box is limited to the editor's client area, in this version this limitation was removed)
Many bugs fixed (maybe new one were introduced ;)

If you get any errors or something is broken - revert to the current one (4.1)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
kam
CodeLite Curious

Re: Default Keyboard ShortCuts Dont Work And Cant B Customized!

Post by kam »

Hi Eran

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply Eran. As I say the Accelerator box is locked for editing on my Mac so nothing can b changed. So I tried altering the config file as u suggested. Again, no joy there either; the newly entered values did not appear in the program on start-up. In the end I just used the Quickeys macro program to customize the key strokes. I wonder whether there a bug here? BTW thanks for giving me the opportunity to try the new version for MAC I'll download and give it a try... :)