Problems with Git plugin

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Problems with Git plugin

Post by soMan »

Tried to use git plugin and got some problems...

1. I set up git.exe and gitk files' pathes.
2. I specified git repository.
3. My files became green coloured. After editing some of them became purple coloured.

Problem #1:
If I'm selecting any modified file and choose 'Git show file diff' from context menu I get messagebox with error:

Problem #2:
When I want to commit I got a message that I have no modified files, but Git console correctly shows what will be commited and what files are changed.

P.S. Now when I just restarted CodeLite Commits work, but #1 Problem is active. Check for Problem #2 is it still possible and fix Problem #1 (I think here is some path passed as arguments problem). Maybe here is my own fault - please tell me about it.
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Problems with Git plugin

Post by soMan »

Also I should say that I have probems with adding file to index:
1. If I try to add modified file to index (it's need to 'say' to git what I want to commit) I get messagebox "The file is in index already". Maybe commit function automatically add all changed files?
2. If I try to add new file I get error:

Directory doesn't contain whitespaces.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

I am sorry, but I *never* used this plugin before (it was contributed to codelite by upCASE)

Hopefully he can answer this question or maybe even DavidGH (who keeps on praising git for some reason... ;) )

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
upCASE
CodeLite Curious

Post by upCASE »

Hi!

DavidGH is absolutely right in praising git, as it really rocks :-)

As for the problems, I have two thoughts:
1. Somtimes you may need to refresh the file list that the plugin tracks. You can to that form the plugin menu. I added a toolbar button for that in a newer version.
2. Are you absolutely sure that the files are with the path that you specified to be the git repo path in the plugin? It troubles me that git says something about ambiguity....

Please note that I'm on Linux most of the time and never really tried it on Windows (David did that). Perhaps he has something to mention as well.
Anyway, I'll send Eran a newer version of the plugin, so that you may find it in the coming release.
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by soMan »

as it really rocks
+1
1. Sometimes you may need to refresh the file list that the plugin tracks. You can to that form the plugin menu. I added a toolbar button for that in a newer version.
I do manually refreshing when use git bash. If I am not using git bash plugin correctly tracks all files.
2. Are you absolutely sure that the files are with the path that you specified to be the git repo path in the plugin? It troubles me that git says something about ambiguity....
Path is OK. I specified correct git repo's path in the settings.
so that you may find it in the coming release
Ok, thanks. I hope all will be OK.
upCASE
CodeLite Curious

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
soMan wrote:I do manually refreshing when use git bash. If I am not using git bash plugin correctly tracks all files.
Ah, o.k.
See, the plugin will not notice any changes that you do via git bash, unless you tell it to refresh its tracking state using the menu option.
In fact, all the plugin does is calling the git when performing tasks, it's not hooked into git or something like that.

Regards,
upCASE
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by soMan »

Hi!
Hi.
the plugin will not notice any changes that you do via git bash, unless you tell it to refresh its tracking state using the menu option.
I think it's normal. I just want to stop using git bash and start comfortable using of git plugin.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
If I'm selecting any modified file and choose 'Git show file diff' from context menu I get messagebox with error:
I was having a similar problem in the last week (when I didn't have time to investigate it). Now, when I've tried to make it happen, it doesn't...

I've just applied (in r5681) upCASE's latest version to the git plugin. Could you update and try again?

If it still fails, please try to create, in a minimal workspace under git control, a simple testcase that reliably fails.

Regards,

David
soMan
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by soMan »

Maybe commit function automatically add all changed files?
Responsing myself and others: yes, it is automatic adding changed files during commit. So adding a new files should be fixed.
DavidGH, I will test it later and post here about results. Thanks to all for attention.