Copy and Paste

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Copy and Paste

Post by foxmuldr »

I've noticed that CodeLite must use some special formatting for copy-and-paste operations. I've noticed this because when I copy and try to paste into certain apps, it doesn't work. I have to copy, then paste into an intermediate (gedit, for example), then re-select, re-copy and then it will paste.

Is there a way for me to copy natively without any of those formatting attributes?

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Copy and Paste

Post by eranif »

foxmuldr wrote:I've noticed that CodeLite must use some special formatting for copy-and-paste operations
I am using the default wxScintilla format, nothing special there.
foxmuldr wrote:I have to copy, then paste into an intermediate (gedit, for example)
So it is working for you when pasting it into gedit, it means that codelite is doing something right, otherwise pasting into gedit would have fail, right?

Can you give me an example of such app that does not accept codelite's copy operation?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Re: Copy and Paste

Post by foxmuldr »

eranif wrote:Can you give me an example of such app that does not accept codelite's copy operation?
Using Virtualbox. I am able to paste when pasted from (1)CodeLite's wx editor window to (2)gedit, then gedit into (3)virtualbox. However, going straight (1)CL to (3)virtualbox does not work. It acts as though I'm not pressing Ctrl+V. However, whatever was in the clipboard previously in the virtualbox instance is gone, so it's doing something to the clipboard.

Maybe it's because wx is using unicode? And gedit recognizes unicode and converts the text to a more usable format, but the target app in my virtualbox instance doesn't see unicode? Just a guess.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org