Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post here any ideas/problems/suggestions you have regarding CodeLite's Gizmos plugin
guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 pm
Contact:

Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by guenni81 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Hello,
i missing the option to create the project in a separate directory on the wxNewProjectDialog.
This is at all the other create project dialogs available.
For this reason, i have implement this at my local svn checkout. Here is the patch to adding this.
It would be nice if you could implement this in the main version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5895
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by eranif » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 pm

I will have a look at it tomorrow and if it is OK I will probably will commit it
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by guenni81 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 am

OK, i hope is it ok. Thanx...

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5895
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by eranif » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Committed.

Btw, did u update the UI using form builder? if so, please send me the update form builder form

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by guenni81 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm

eranif wrote:Committed.
Thanx!
eranif wrote:Btw, did u update the UI using form builder? if so, please send me the update form builder form
No, i have dont use formbuilder to update the UI. I have adding direct the code for UI in the .h and .cpp file.

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5895
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by eranif » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:24 pm

guenni81 wrote:No, i have dont use formbuilder to update the UI. I have adding direct the code for UI in the .h and .cpp file.
This is not good, since it is hard to change the UI this way. Using the form builder files (trunk/formbuilder/) is the best way to do it for easy UI layout changes additions, I will update the fbp file.

In the future I will probably insist that the patch will include the fbp file modified as well - it is easier for my maintainance.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 5895
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by eranif » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:37 pm

eranif wrote:
guenni81 wrote:No, i have dont use formbuilder to update the UI. I have adding direct the code for UI in the .h and .cpp file.
This is not good, since it is hard to change the UI this way. Using the form builder files (trunk/formbuilder/) is the best way to do it for easy UI layout changes additions, I will update the fbp file.

In the future I will probably insist that the patch will include the fbp file modified as well - it is easier for my maintainance.

Eran
I updated the .fbp file (NewWxProjectBase.fbp file) and it is now committed to SVN.

Also here is a small inside info: files which has "base" in their name are usually files which are auto generated by wxFB, so changes made to them manually, will probably get lost next time I will generate the them

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread

guenni81
CodeLite Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Missing option on the wxNewProjectDialog

Post by guenni81 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm

OK, i will it to consider at the future.

Post Reply