General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
CireSnave
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Newbie Theme Question

Post by CireSnave »

Hello all,

I'm new to using CodeLite and LOVE it! I have only one very minor issue. I tend to code in the dark so I use a very dark theme (A modified version of Obsidian) which is great but when I do a build it pops up the Output pane at the bottom of the screen which uses a very light gray color scheme which in the dark in the middle of the night is nearly blinding. Is there a way to change the colors of the Output pane? I've searched and searched but the only thing I can find is a blog announcement that says to open the Colours and Fonts dialog and click on the Global Colours tab...but there is no Global Colours tab in CodeLite v9.1.0. According to the CodeLite web site 9.1 is the newest version. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

- CireSnave
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Newbie Theme Question

Post by eranif »

settings->coluors and fonts->general tab->global background colour / global foreground colour
Try changing this

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
CireSnave
CodeLite Curious

Post by CireSnave »

[quote="eranif"]settings->coluors and fonts->general tab->global background colour / global foreground colour

I tried that before and it didn't have any effect on the Output View window. It appears some (all?) of the Output View coloring is tied to the over all desktop theme. I switched themes through the Ubuntu Tweak Tool and the colors for the Output View in CodeLite changed. Now I just have to find a theme that uses colors there that I actually can tolerate. It's too bad it isn't settable within CodeLite but I suppose with how nice the rest of CodeLite is I shouldn't expect perfection.

- CireSnave
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Please post a screenshot of the problem - for me the build tab uses the same bg colour as the editor
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread