UI.

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
spaces
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

UI.

Post by spaces »

So I'm finally able to work on linux fulltime (escaped windoz thru changing jobs lol). Anyway, I'm using Ubuntu with the default Unity DE. I find it fine, even with the obvious Mac OSX copying.

Anyways, what I did notice that wx is serioulsy crapping all over the DE. While the main Codelite window can remember window geometry everything else can't. Workspace setting (ALT-F7) growing with every open. SH the default terminal is growing with every calling, etc.

I suspect it's basically Unity. I left every option on default. So menubars are global and put on top of screen. Dialog boxes seem to grow with 1 height of menubar with every calls.

Of course this is not showstopper as everything works as advertised. My workflow is not changed in spite of changing the OS, this is a very huge thing. Thanks Eran! But it's annoying to constantly adjust the dialog boxes' size. Could you please look into it. I can provide screenshots if needed, tho with a simple VM install (Unity options left on default) should suffice.

Thanks in advance.
lifepower
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: C++

Re: UI.

Post by lifepower »

Speaking of Project Settings dialog invoked with Alt + F7 (shortcut normally overridden on Ubuntu/Unity by default to move windows), it seems to be using similar widget on the left as left side disappearing issue. I also notice that this dialog grows dangerously bigger each time I open it. Is it likely for this dialog to suffer from same problem?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

The latter is a bug in wxWidgets and your DE - nothing we can do to fix this. This is why some dialogs do not remember their size on Linux (I intentionally disabled this feature)
There is a bug reported for this on wxWidgets trac, but no fix yet

The other issue is also a bug in wxWidgets and the your specific window manager - nothing I can do without redesigning the dialog - and this is only a workaround :/
The project dialog is a complex and I don't plan on changing its layout due to this bug...

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I don't sure I understand: is the left side disappearing for you or not?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
spaces
CodeLite Veteran
IDE Question: c++

Post by spaces »

Ty Eran. As I suspected. Shame I like both wx and Unity heh...
lifepower
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by lifepower »

eranif wrote:EDIT: I just re-read your post and I don't sure I understand: is the left side disappearing for you or not?
I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but no, in my case, Project Settings dialog hasn't suffered from "disappearing" issue so far. :)