General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Fox Mulder
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Fonts and sizes

Post by Fox Mulder »

Hi all,
I downloaded the new version of Codelite 5.3.
I have some minor problems with my font sizes and the general object sizes. Actually they dont fit sometimes.
Im coming from codeblocks and I really favorite the codelite IDE, so I hope that you can help me with that.
Here are some Images.
As you can see all elements in the CodeBlocks Ide are smaller and the text font for the Ide is smaller so it can fit in the element.
In CodeLite I often have the problem that the font dont fit into the element (you can see it on the sreen for the collor HexNumber). First I thought that my DPI settings on Windows are the problem but its on Standard value.
Is it only me having that problem or are there more.
Second I would like if the elements in Codelite would be smaller in general(The NavigationBar for example). Best thing would be if everyone could set it in Preferences couse I know that you cant fit everyones taste.
My OS is Win7-64

Edit:
I found another issue:
In the build Window the Makefile comments are light gray, if I choose to make my window light gray I cant see this output.
I cant fing a option to change this collor.
I want to believe.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Fonts and sizes

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

A new feature of CodeLite 5.3 is that a default font-size is explicitly set. That affected me too.
Actually they dont fit sometimes.
I didn't have that problem now, but I did with the wx2.8-to-2.9 change. That was because CodeLite stores your choice of size for each dialog, and re-applies them in the future; which is usually a good thing, but if the size of the controls or font has changed, the old dialog size will be wrong and you need to resize it by hand. It'll then be OK again (until another size-change happens).

However you don't need to. You can change the font size back with 'Choose font' button in that screenshot. In fact it might already be set to your old value; it was for me, and just opening the font-selector dialog and clicking OK solved the problem. The bad news is that you'll need to do so for each filetype that you use: C++, txt etc.

Regards,

David
Fox Mulder
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Fox Mulder »

Thanks for the Tip, but sadly it dont help me.
Here is another sreen with the Problem I mean
I Set all font sizes on 14 btw.
I want to believe.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Fox Mulder wrote:Here is another sreen with the Problem I mean
This dialog is resizable - like DavidGH mentioned, you can resize it by hand and the size will be remembered for next time this dialog is shown

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Fox Mulder
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Fox Mulder »

Oops, yeah that works, for this dialog.
Thanks for clarifiying.
What about my first post?
I want to believe.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Fox Mulder wrote:What about my first post?
I am pretty sure its something with your local settings ( note that codelite is using wxWidgets 2.95 while codeblocks is still using the 2.8 version )
On my screen it works perfectly it also works well no various Windows boxes where I have codelite installed (see attached screenshot) :
1.png
EDIT:
there is something different with your windows controls ( you can see that the frame title is a bit thinner and the buttons are "fat" :) )

Eran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fox Mulder
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Fox Mulder »

Oh yehaa thanks for that hint. I loadet another windows theme and now its perfect.
Thanks for the good work your doing.
It feels natural now and looks great.
I would ask another quick question:
Are there plans to integrate spell checking
and Doxygen like in codeblocks?
Edit:
The one thing would be great if you could add the option to make the make comments another collor for the next release.
I want to believe.
kaosad
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by kaosad »

Hi can I make a request to allow changing font and font-size for Disassemble panel?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

kaosad wrote:Hi can I make a request to allow changing font and font-size for Disassemble panel?
You can post any feature request you want, but at the end of the day, we only implement those which we can implement (resource limitation)

Eran
kaosad
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Post by kaosad »

Ok. I understand that. Are you working alone?

Thanks for developing this awesome software!