codellite_utils Build Error

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
willlearn
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

codellite_utils Build Error

Post by willlearn »

I got the CodeLite repository off of github and put it on my Windows 64-bit. After a few weeks, I tried building the codelite_utils project in CodeLite 7 on my Windows 64-bit by pressing F7. However, I received a build error telling me the file requires ISO C++ 2011 standard. Here is the build log.

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /C "C:/TDM-GCC-64/bin/mingw32-make.exe -j8 SHELL=cmd.exe  -e -f  Makefile"
"----------Building project:[ codelite_launcher - Win_x64_Release ]----------"
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Users/User/codelite/codelite_launcher'
In file included from C:/TDM-GCC-64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/include/c++/type_traits:35:0,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-3.0.2/include/wx/strvararg.h:25,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-3.0.2/include/wx/string.h:46,
                 from codelite_launcher.cpp:1:
C:/TDM-GCC-64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/include/c++/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
 #error This file requires compiler and library support for the \
  ^
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Win_x64_Release/codelite_launcher.cpp.o.d] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
codelite_launcher.mk:100: recipe for target 'Win_x64_Release/codelite_launcher.cpp.o.d' failed
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/User/codelite/codelite_launcher'
Makefile:4: recipe for target 'All' failed
2 errors, 1 warnings
Here is the output from the trace tab.
BuildTraceOutput.txt
Image of my Build Settings:
CodeliteBuildSettings.jpg
Image of the project settings:
ProjectSetting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert

Re: codellite_utils Build Error

Post by Gibbon1 »

Could try adding -std=c++11 to the the C++ compiler options under settings->compiler.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Also, please post the build log and not screenshots.
In the screenshots you posted, I can hardly read the error message

Read the HOW TO POST thread (see my signature)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
willlearn
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willlearn »

eranif wrote:Also, please post the build log and not screenshots.
In the screenshots you posted, I can hardly read the error message

Read the HOW TO POST thread (see my signature)

Eran
Thank you for referring me to the post, and I apologize for the images.
Gibbon1 wrote:Could try adding -std=c++11 to the the C++ compiler options under settings->compiler.
I opened the Build Settings dialog box and it added three lines more lines to the trace tab. They said the resource files must have the same version number. The full output is below.
BTOAfterstdChange.txt
Then I added -std=c++11 to the C++ Compiler line (I assume this is what you meant). I clicked ok, the dialog box closed, and the trace tab didn't display anything new. So I clicked on build_all, and press f7. One new line was added to the trace tab, said it was setting working directory to c:/Users/User/codelite/codelite_utils. The title bar changed from displaying [codelite_utils] to [codelite_utils](Not Responding). So I waited for over 40 minutes, but nothing happened, and I couldn't get a build log.
Before I made this change, if I was on the trace tab and pressed f7, CodeLite would automatically switch to the build tab. Then it print out a build log. After this change, CodeLite becomes doesn't respond when I press F7, and there's no build output.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

You keep looking at the 'Trace' tab, but you should be looking at the "Build" tab

Eran
willlearn
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willlearn »

I pressed f7 while looking at the "build" tab, and after 30 minutes, there was no output. I had something else to do, so I closed CodeLite, and it produced a Windows Error Report file. It has lots of personal information. How do should I get to you?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

willlearn wrote:I pressed f7 while looking at the "build" tab, and after 30 minutes, there was no output
This means that the problem is locally.. (i.e. in your environment)
Do you have any antivirus installed etc? try disabling them

Eran
willlearn
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by willlearn »

I turned off my antivirus software, and CodeLite produced this build error in the "Build" tab:

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /C "C:/TDM-GCC-64/bin/mingw32-make.exe -j8 SHELL=cmd.exe  -e -f  Makefile"
"----------Building project:[ codelite_launcher - Win_x64_Release ]----------"
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Users/User/codelite/codelite_launcher'
In file included from C:/TDM-GCC-64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/include/c++/type_traits:35:0,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-3.0.2/include/wx/strvararg.h:25,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-3.0.2/include/wx/string.h:46,
                 from codelite_launcher.cpp:1:
C:/TDM-GCC-64/lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/include/c++/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
 #error This file requires compiler and library support for the \
  ^
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [Win_x64_Release/codelite_launcher.cpp.o.d] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
codelite_launcher.mk:100: recipe for target 'Win_x64_Release/codelite_launcher.cpp.o.d' failed
mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/User/codelite/codelite_launcher'
Makefile:4: recipe for target 'All' failed
2 errors, 1 warnings
The C++ Compiler line in the Build Settings dialog box still includes -std=c++11. Perhaps its worth noting that I am using build_all, which is a static library, from the codelite_utils workspace.

I've included output from the trace tab in case there's something different then previous outputs.
TraceOutputNoProtection.txt