OK, I just started to take a look into the CodeLite source code in order to make my plugin.
I was able to set the complete environment for creating the plugin.
First of all, I followed this guide, but I made some fixes in order to compile the latest source code for developping the plugin:
- I've created a Windows 7 x64 VM from scratch (everything is set up in the VM)
- I've installed the Weekly Build of CodeLite (v7.1) x64 in its default location (C:\Program Files\)
- I've installed the wxWidgets-3.0.2 setup package and I've chosen to install it on E:\wxWidgets-3.1, then I deleted the 3 folders inside (related to the 3.0.2 installation) and replaced the contents with the wxWidgets-3.1 7z package (I did this because the setup for 3.0.2 is setting some stuffs in environment variables, and I was too lazy to manually create these keys myself).
- I installed the TDM-GCC x64 Version
- I selected the Debug_x64 in the LiteEditor.workspace
- I built the LiteEditor.workspace then after the codelite_utils.workspace, and everything was fine.
- In the Plugin settings I changed the Linker settings for searching lib files in ../lib/gnu_gcc directory (instead of just ../lib)
- I renamed the first DLL name (changed the name to include the 'sdk' reference on its name)
- Since I compiled the whole CodeLite project in debug mode (instead of using the Release mode in my case) all generated DLL are named properly and contains the 'd' flag in their names.
Problem is, when I enable the code in the CreatePluginMenu in order to register a new item in the Plugins menu of the CodeLite, it does nothing.
So my questions are:
- How to install the plugin? I've read about the update.bat script but I don't know how to use it properly. First of all there's a update64.bat file and in my case (everything's build in x64) do I need to use the 64 version or stick with the 32? And when I copy my DLL in the plugin folder nothing happens (the plugin isn't detected)
- How can I debug the generated CodeLite? Can I do that from my installation (so the v7.1 in Program Files)?
- And the most important thing: How can I debug my Plugin?