CodeLite's announcements
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

codelite 2.5.3

Post by eranif »

Hi All,

After a long time, codelite 2.5.3 is released. This version contains mainly bug fixes and stability + it adds some additional features

Release notes:
Changes from version 2.5.2.4032
===============================

- Fixed: possible crash when highlighting a word in a huge file (e.g. sqlite3.c) that can occur if by the time the matching thread is done, the editor containing the file is no longer opened.
- Redesigned the 'Syntax Highlight' dialog.
- Fixed: BUG#2981635: selection colour loses the alpha
- Fixed: When SymbolView tab is detached codelite crashes on exit. (BUG#2981758)
- Fixed: SymbolView tab now "remembers" if it was detached in previous session
- Removed obsolote option from C++ lexer (disabled code)
- Implemented: Source Code Formatter - update request - ID: 2981775
- Fixed: possible crash when using 'word wrap' + selecting text (this bug was introduced in the latest change that added alpha channel to the selection colour)
- Fixed: Syntax highlight: the alpha value for the selection is now loaded properly from the disk (and the value is reflected in the slider control)
- Fixed: When setting the alpha value to 256 the alpha channel is disabled for that control and the colour is drawn at the back
- Fixed: code-completion: evaluation of template instantiation is done better when using 'using namespace' statements
- Fixed: added __MINGW_ATTRIB_MALLOC to the default ignore tokens of the code-completion parser
- Fixed: Save file cause crash when encoding covert failed - ID: 2982452
- Fixed: Syntax Highlight: settings for the match brace colour were not respected properly
- Fixed: 'Add function impl' now works properly if the return value contains type with scope / templates, an example for such a function:
std::vector<wxString>::iterator getIter();
- Changed: Debugger: 'Restart' button now executes '-exec-run' instead of stop/start the debugger for faster loading and for emulating the gdb behavior of 'run'
- Fixed: virtual memory size leak (caused by not waiting for the thread to join to the builder thread)
- Fixed VM leak when using threads
- Fixed: Find Bar now shows the dialog 'Reached end/start of document, start befrom end/start?' with an option to 'Dont ask me again' checkbox (similar to the previous 'find' dialog)
- Fixed: crash when closing 'find in files' tab while search thread is still active
- Fixed BUG#2984376: Crash selecting warning/error
- Fixed: Subversion: check out from a URL which requires authentication does not work if the user is prompted for login
- Fixed: BUG#2982441: svn can't convert native encoded file name to utf-8
- Fixed: crash when selecting multiple lines and the last line exceeds the editor's width ( http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=921 )
- Applied patch 2988937: wxHandleFatalException depends on wxUSE_ON_FATAL_EXCEPTION
- Fixed: added call to wxTheClipboard->Flush() on exit so the clipboard content will remains after codelite exits
- Fixed: codelite now also supporting Ctrl-PGUP / Ctrl-PGDN for switching between editors (FR#2987843)
- Fixed: importing VS solution file on Linux should work now as expected
- Fixed: typo in VS solution importer
- Improved the 'Tab Grouping' functionality by adding a new tab to the 'Workspace View' management pane (DavidGH)
- Fixed: crash when updating an existing tool using the external tools plugin
- Added the macro '__GOMP_NOTHROW' to the default ignore macros of the code-completion (this macro is used by OpenMP (omp.h file)
- Fixed: Tabsgroup: on Mac use the 'Alt' key for DnD instead of Ctrl (DavidGH)
- Fixed: Read file with conversion respects the global / local settings for the file encoding (Xavi)
- Added support for 2 new macros in the 'external tools' plugin:
$(ProjectWorkingDirectory) - the project build working directory
$(ProjectRunWorkingDirectory) - expands to the project execution directory as set in the 'Working Directory' entry in the 'General' tab of the project settings (eran & michalb)
- Fixed BUG#2992309: Search bug. For more description look here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=979960
- New: In case there is no selection, the 'Make Upper' / 'Make Lower' commands will change the character to the right of the caret and moves the caret to the right
- Applied patch #2995396: c++ auto-comment enhancements
- Fixed: code completion now handles 'short XXX' types properly (as reported in this use case: http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 4261#p4261)
- New: Code Completion: the completion box now has a little toolbar (currently it contains a single button) which allows the user to filter between all items vs public items only
- Fixed: using the 'Tasks' panel to search for TODO / FIXME etc will no longer disable the 'Find In Files' thread
- UI: Code completion box is now larger in side (250/400)
- Fixed: UI: when toggling the 'Show Private / Protected' members in the code-completion box, it now affects all editors
- Improved: even when de-selecting the option ' show private members' codelite will still show the private / protected items of the current scope
- Added MacBundler to the repository + adjusted its code to fit wx < 2.9
- Mac only: Updated configure script to include the MacBundler plugin for Mac
- Updated Mac packaging script to include the Mac bundler plugin
- Fixed: minor error in the configure script (inserted in the last commit)
- Adjusted various packaging scripts for the coming minor release (mainly bug fixes release)
- Applied patch for the MacBundler plugin (by Auria)
- Implemented FR#3012730: Copy line under cursor if no selection
Currently, downloads are available for Windows/Mac/Linux32/64 (deb) - but I expect other distro will be uploaded in the coming days

https://sourceforge.net/projects/codelite/files/

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
AlexN
CodeLite Curious

Re: codelite 2.5.3

Post by AlexN »

eranif wrote: - Redesigned the 'Syntax Highlight' dialog.
Nice work again, but you should look at the 'Syntax Highlighting' dialog - I have some button one over an other and I can't change the foreground color.

Best regards
Alex
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

AlexN wrote:but you should look at the 'Syntax Highlighting' dialog - I have some button one over an other and I can't change the foreground color.
Which OS? Can you post a screenshot describing your problem?

I tested it on Linux / windows and it is working fine.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
AlexN
CodeLite Curious

Post by AlexN »

eranif wrote:
AlexN wrote:but you should look at the 'Syntax Highlighting' dialog - I have some button one over an other and I can't change the foreground color.
Which OS? Can you post a screenshot describing your problem?
Eran
I tried it with XP and Vista, but now I know what the problem is. I installed it over the previos version and the dialog had the size of the old "Syntax Highlighting" dialog. When I make the (sizeable) dialog greater - close the dialog and open it again all work fine.

I assume you made the dialog greater and greater during development and so you did not see the problem.

best regards
Alex ;)
pkwong
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by pkwong »

Thanks for adding FR#2987843 to the new release!

peter