Problem with wxWidgets

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
djmentos
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Problem with wxWidgets

Post by djmentos »

I've downloaded CodeLite, but wxWidgets doesn't work with it. I don't even have such cool icon like on video tutorials was. I've made new project in Workspace, but CodeLite says he can't find header files.

Where should I copy wx libraries or where can I set path to it?
In file included from /home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/main.cpp:14In file included from /home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/gui.cpp:8:
/home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/main.h:18:19: error: wx/wx.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/main.h:20,
from /home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/main.cpp:14:
/home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/gui.h:11:21: error: wx/intl.h: No such file or directory
/home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/gui.h:13:23: error: wx/string.h: No such file or directory
/home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/gui.h:14:23: error: wx/bitmap.h: No such file or directory
/home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/gui.h:15:22: error: wx/image.h: No such file or directory
/home/djmentos/.codelite/xxx/gui.h:16:21: error: wx/icon.h: No such file or directory
Last edited by djmentos on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Problem with wxWidgets

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
I don't even have such cool icon like on video tutorials was.
No, that was changed some time ago, and the video hasn't been updated.

You don't say, but it looks as if your platform is Linux. Have you read http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/Download? In particular (unless you built and installed wxGTK yourself) do you have the wxGTK development package installed? It's often named something like 'libwxgtk2.8-0'.

If 'yes', did you set the type of build (debug or release) to match your wxGTK build?

Regards,

David
djmentos
CodeLite Curious

Post by djmentos »

Hi,

yes, its Ubuntu,
i have instaled libwxgtk2.8-dev form repository, and CodeLite from deb package.
If 'yes', did you set the type of build (debug or release) to match your wxGTK build?
i'm not sure, but rather not. how to do it?
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

i'm not sure, but rather not. how to do it?
Look at the top of the 'Workspace View', on the left of CodeLite if you haven't moved it. You'll see the words "Selected Configuration"; beneath, in a wxChoice, it will say "Debug". Change that to "Release".

Alternatively you could install the wxGTK debug package. Then "Debug" should build OK.
djmentos
CodeLite Curious

Post by djmentos »

yeah. thanks. that was it ;)