CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Florent Teichteil
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Compilation errors not parsed anymore with new version 3365

Post by Florent Teichteil »

Hi

I have just upgraded codelite to the new version 2.0.3365. With the previous version I used (1.0.3035), compilation errors were correctly parsed (except link errors) so that I could click on an error and codelite directly brought me to the faulty line in my code. But with the new version of codelite, compilation errors are not recognized anymore: there is no error highlighting in the output pane and it is impossible to click on any error. Please notice that I use default error reporting and default compiler output's patterns, and I did not change any option when upgrading to the new version of codelite.

All the best and thanks for your help
Florent
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Compilation errors not parsed anymore with new version 3365

Post by eranif »

Please do the following:
- Close codelite
- delete your local copy of 'C:\Program Files'\CodeLite\config\build_settings.xml'
- Start codelite

Does it help?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

Do you use MinGW provided with CodeLite with a non US Windows XP ?
With my French Windows XP, gcc 4.4.0 provided by codelite gives me french errors, so they are not recognize anymore by CodeLite error parser.
Post the build output to confirm the problem, and to gives us enough information to create the good parsing expressions.
Jérémie
Florent Teichteil
CodeLite Curious

I'm using codelite under linux/gentoo AMD64. I did not change the compiler (gcc-4.4.2) when upgrading to the latest version of codelite. I deleted the build_settings.xml file but it did not change anything. Please find attached the output of the compilation.
compilation_output.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

Ok, these are French errors...

Eran, do you know if there is a way to told the compiler (gcc) to output default (ie: english) sentences ?
If you want, I'm actually creating patterns for French errors / warnings.
Jérémie
Florent Teichteil
CodeLite Curious

Yes, but the compiler's output was in French with the previous version of codelite as well, and it successfully parsed the compilation errors...
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Post by jfouche »

OK... I understand the problem. We changed a pattern (which was previously [eor]* which is able to catch 'error' and 'erreur'.
Go to Settings -> Build settings. In the compiler errors patterns, you will find a patterns which ends with (: error). Change it to ( :erreur) and everything will go fine. You can also change the warning pattern the same way : change ( warning) to ( attention).
Jérémie
Florent Teichteil
CodeLite Curious

Correct, it works. Thank you very much!

Now, I have another problem with the SymbolView plugin that is no more built since the configure script does not create a Makefile in this plugin's directory. I create a new post for this.

Thanks
Florent
rekisum
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by rekisum »

The following error doesn't get parsed too:
  • ----------Build Started--------
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""mingw32-make.exe" -j 2 -f "lcdgui_wsp.mk""
    ----------Building project:[ lcdsim - Debug ]----------
    gcc -c "D:/Dateien/CrossWorks/icps-sw/src/lcdsim/lcdcomsource.cpp" -g -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -D_UNICODE -Id:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -Id:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -D__WX__ -DWIN32 -o ./Debug/lcdcomsource.o "-I." "-Ic:/MinGW-4.4.0/include" "-I.."
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target `../stdint.h', needed by `Debug/bitmap.o'. Stop.
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    gcc -c "D:/Dateien/CrossWorks/icps-sw/src/lcdsim/lcdcomthread.cpp" -g -mthreads -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -D__WXDEBUG__ -D_UNICODE -Id:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\lib\gcc_dll\mswud -Id:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\include -DWXUSINGDLL -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -D__WX__ -DWIN32 -o ./Debug/lcdcomthread.o "-I." "-Ic:/MinGW-4.4.0/include" "-I.."
    mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
    ----------Build Ended----------
    0 errors, 0 warnings
maybe a regex for make.exe[n] could help?