CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Mcatanio
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

How to view Time Elapsed

Post by Mcatanio »

Hello,

I'm just learning Codelite and C++ and noticed in the course they had a Time Elapsed when the code was run in the compiler.

How do I enable the Time Elapsed information?

Thank you,
Jack

Re: How to view Time Elapsed

Post by Jack »

Did you get the solution ?
Rainmaker65
CodeLite Curious

Post by Rainmaker65 »

@jack - I fell across this post and I'm wanting to know the same information. I'm studying C++ onliine, and the instructor is using CodeLite...similar to mcatanio issue. In all the times he (instructor) Build/Run's his code, output goes to console, and so does mine. The instructor has an additional line in his output...immediately before the line: "Press any key to continue" and it shows an elapsed time for the program run.
Time Elapsed.png
That's what I WANT to display, but it doesn't.

This is the only thread I've come across that addresses that issue. Please point me in the direction that I can change a setting - hopefully - so that will show up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul C.
Supposed Former Infatuated Computer Junkie
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

(I'm mildly curious as to why anyone would routinely want to know the time-elapsed.)

AFAICT there's no setting to do this, but I gather that the 'feature' is implemented only for Windows.

I don't know about OSX but, if it's important to you, on Linux you could use the 'time' command. In a terminal you would do:

Code: Select all

time /path/to/myprogram
and, if it's really important to you, I expect there's a way to change your project settings to prepend 'time' to its build command.

Regards,

David
Rainmaker65
CodeLite Curious

Post by Rainmaker65 »

David...

I found out why it doesn't appear after version 13.x. It seems there is a security issue with a "wrapper," and subsequently, the feature was removed "somewhere" in the evolution of 13.x.

In using 14.0.0, that's why it's not there.

Alas, I don't want to regress to an "older" version of the software, just so I can get a single feature in my console output.

...And the reason I wanted that information was simply that I liked knowing how long it took the program to run it's course. There was someonewho presented this question, and he was going to enter a contest and it dealt with how fast the specified program executed. I can understand his desire, but mine was purely 'because I wanted it." LOL.

It took me a while, but I was able to find the info and even learned a little more about CodeLite in the process.

I thank you for your help and assistance.

Paul C.
Paul C.
Supposed Former Infatuated Computer Junkie