[SOLVED] New install Cannot select virtual folder

Post here wxCrafter related issues / features / bugs
philjynx

[SOLVED] New install Cannot select virtual folder

Post by philjynx »

I've just installed Codelite 12.
I don't know what a Virtual Folder is, or what its purpose is, but apparently I have to have one in order to continue.
Screenshot from 2018-03-22 12-00-11.png
That's where the problem is, I can't type into that field and if I click the browse icon I'm taken to another form where I am not able to do anything.
Screenshot from 2018-03-22 12-03-10.png
?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by philjynx on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: New install Cannot select virtual folder

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

You probably haven't created (in CodeLite rather than wxCrafter) a Workspace, then added a new Project to it. I suggest you do so, selecting one of the template gui projects; probably 'wxFrame with wxCrafter'.

You then have a minimal compilable project that you can alter as you wish. It will come with a set of Virtual Directories, that you an add to or delete as you wish.

Now you can go back to wxCrafter and use one of the VDirs in your dialog.

Regards,

David
philjynx

Post by philjynx »

DavidGH wrote:Hi,

You probably haven't created......
No, I had discovered that.
Thanks David
Phil.
philjynx

Post by philjynx »

I'm begining to wonder if this is going to help.
Under the regime I was using, I had simple (nothing virtual going on) source files on my PC, try stuff out on there and simply copy those files to the RPi and compile and link there.

How can I do that with these tools without installing codelite and wxcrafter on the RPi?
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

How can I do that with these tools without installing codelite and wxcrafter on the RPi?
You couldn't install wxC on a RPi anyway: it's not FOSS, and we don't supply binaries for ARM devices.
I've not checked it's available for ARM, but debian does supply CodeLite debs.

But you don't need to use CodeLite on the RPi. Just get everything working on Mint, then transfer the source-code to the RPi and build them as you were before.
philjynx

Post by philjynx »

I've managed to get a basically empty project in codelite/crafter.
In crafter, the change of font size for the contents of it's frame is shown in the designer.
Screenshot from 2018-03-22 14-40-38.png
When the project is built and run, none of the controls on the form have the resized font.
Screenshot from 2018-03-22 14-35-52.jpg
So, it would appear that my not being able to find any size related code in the generated file might be significant.

Three weeks now I have been trying and failing to find a fast way to generate a fairly simple GUI for my app.

On the plus side, it is evident that wxCrafter handles the layout far better than wxFormBuilder - font size changes in the latter frequently result in overlapping obscured controls.

Another plus is codelite itself - I feel much more at home in there - click on an error in the build output pane and be taken directly to it - nice. In many ways it is reminiscent of my experience with Borland studio delphi antics.

So, whilst I remain foaming at the mouth frustrated, I'm optimistic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Quick and simple solution: change the font in your derived frame.
philjynx

Post by philjynx »

I've tried the font sizing code that formbuilder writes, I have also tried the scaling code you suggested elsewhere, neither has any impact (or build errors).
philjynx

Post by philjynx »

Here's an oddity.
If I put this in the constructor of the BASE CLASS (which of course will disappear the moment I regenerate the code with wxCrafter)

Code: Select all

MainFrameBaseClass::MainFrameBaseClass(wxWindow* parent, wxWindowID id, const wxString& title, const wxPoint& pos, const wxSize& size, long style)
    : wxFrame(parent, id, title, pos, size, style)
{
    if ( !bBitmapLoaded ) {
        // We need to initialise the default bitmap handler
        wxXmlResource::Get()->AddHandler(new wxBitmapXmlHandler);
        wxC9ED9InitBitmapResources();
        bBitmapLoaded = true;
    }
    this->SetFont( wxFont( 32, 74, 90, 90, false, wxT("Sans") ) ); // <<<----- this is the bit I added

Screenshot from 2018-03-22 15-33-04.png
But if I put it in my derived class constructor, it has no effect.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Could you show your derived frame class and the ctor with that line?

Or better, would you mind attaching or pastebinning your project and its files, including your wxCrafter (wxcp) file, so that we could try this at home...