Remote Debug with Yocto ARM image

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
xthunderheartx
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Remote Debug with Yocto ARM image

Post by xthunderheartx »

So I despaired of getting the Eclipse Yocto Plugin to do anything useful and am moving to Codelite. Getting the compiler/linker setup was pretty straightforward. I've also managed to get the debugger to launch, copy the executable to the remote and start a debugging session. However, I have a couple of snags I'm hoping someone can help me sort out. Here are the commands I added to the "Remote Attach Commands" tab:

remote delete /home/root/CPTest
remote put ./CPTest /home/root/CPTest
set remote exec-file /home/root/CPTest
run

Only problem is that it doesn't hit the temp breakpoint in main. I did enable that in the GDB Setting->General tab. However, if I remove the run command above and then issue it manually once gdb has finished connecting to the server, it behaves as expected and stops on the first instruction in main. I can then proceed as normal. Any ideas on why that happens and how to fix?

Also, is there a way to use project variables like: $(IntermediateDirectory)/$(ProjectName) in the Debugger configuration tabs? Like in the commands above I'd rather do something like:

remote put $(IntermediateDirectory)/$(ProjectName) ${Some-Pathname-in-Environment-Variable}

or something along those lines.

Thanx for any help - Dallas
xthunderheartx
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Re: Remote Debug with Yocto ARM image

Post by xthunderheartx »

Ok so I managed to work out most of the issues from my original post, but I still would like to use $(ProjectName) inside my Debugger Attach commands. Is this possible? I was able to use env vars in the compiler options which is handy, but they don't get expanded in the Debugger commands. Would that be easy to add? I mean whenever you start the debugger just scan the commands in the project Debugger config for some regex that matchs "$(foo)", search for "foo" in the environment and if it exists, then expand that insitu? Something to that effect?

Of course $(ProjectName) isn't in the environment but you get the idea.

Thx - Dallas