General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
eric
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

keymapping issues

Post by eric »

Hello,

I am using codelite under Windows 10 x64, and Ubuntu 12.04. I am unable to get keymapping with num* to work. I am able to bind other keys ok, but num* appears to be ignored. In the "Set New Key Accelerator" window, pressing num* does show a * character in the Key edit box, and none of the ctrl/alt/shift boxes are checked, but no luck. I experience this on Windows 10 x64, and I'm pretty sure Ubuntu as well (although not booted there atm).

Also, under Ubuntu only, I cannot get certain alt-key combinations to work as key remaps. Specifically, alt-e and alt-x remaps are ignored in favor of the menu bar shortcuts. Alt-e opens the Edit menu, and Alt-w opens the Window menu, even if I have keys bound to those functions. On Windows, I am able to override the menu bar shortcuts, but not in Ubuntu. (Pretty sure alt-d also is overridden by the Debugger menu, which is another key I'd like to remap).

I know these probably sound nit-picky, and I do apologize. I'm an old coder with decades of learned behavior on num*/alt-e/alt-w/alt-d. I can certainly learn new tricks, but my transition to codelite would be much easier for me if I didn't have to!

Thanks,

-Eric