workspace browser never shows anything

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Yoglets
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

workspace browser never shows anything

Post by Yoglets »

I'm not sure I understand what the "Workspace" tab is supposed to contain. It only appears when no workspace is open, so I'm guessing that it is supposed to show a list of the workspaces I've created. However, it's always empty. I can do File -> Open -> Open Workspace and navigate to my workspaces just fine, but it would be nice to have them listed for quick picking in that Workspace tab. I figured I was just missing a configuration to indicate where my workspace storage directory is, but I can't find any such setting. I also tried launching with codelite /path/to/dir/that/contains/workspaces without success. So... how do I get my workspaces listed in the Workspace tab?

Using CodeLite version 8.0 on Fedora 21.
hendi060
CodeLite Curious

Re: workspace browser never shows anything

Post by hendi060 »

I just checked this. I also use version 8 and there is only one workspace at a time in workspace tab. The one I chose from file --> open --> workspace, or recent workspaces. There can be a lot of projects in one workspace.

Regards

Hendrik
Yoglets
CodeLite Curious

Post by Yoglets »

You're misunderstanding. Please see attached image. On the left is the view when a workspace is open. You have a PHP tab, the workspace name, and the project names under it. Now close the workspace, and you get the view on the right. There is now a new Workspace tab with empty selectors. I expected these selectors to contain my workspace names, but they don't. They're ghosted out and unselectable. If they're supposed to be workspace selectors, how do I get my workspaces in there? If they're not supposed to be workspace selectors, what are they?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Yoglets wrote:You're misunderstanding. Please see attached image. On the left is the view when a workspace is open. You have a PHP tab, the workspace name, and the project names under it. Now close the workspace, and you get the view on the right. There is now a new Workspace tab with empty selectors. I expected these selectors to contain my workspace names, but they don't. They're ghosted out and unselectable. If they're supposed to be workspace selectors, how do I get my workspaces in there? If they're not supposed to be workspace selectors, what are they?
This is because you are using the PHP plugin. When you open a PHP workspace, the PHP plugin hides the workspace tab and re-show once the PHP workspace is closed.
in 8.1 I have fixed this and now both workspace types (C++ and PHP) are shown under the same tab: "Workspace"

The workspace tab is where you will see a C++ workspace (again, this is now fixed in the next release and you will see there both workspaces)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Yoglets
CodeLite Curious

Post by Yoglets »

Yes OK, I understand. Thanks for the quick reply.