Statically link codelite-make?

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
neemo
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Statically link codelite-make?

Post by neemo »

I am trying to use codelite-make in our build process, unfortunately it has _many_ .so dependencies that are simply not available for our target build platform. I would like to statically link codelite-make to make a standalone executable (for linux). I fumbled through the codelite build process to try to get this working but had no luck. Does anyone know if this is possible? And if so, how to accomplish it? Thanks!
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert

Re: Statically link codelite-make?

Post by Gibbon1 »

Not totally sure, maybe eranif can come in an pound me talking about stuff understand little of, however.

On my system there is this... I believe this is the make file used to build codelite_make
...codelite\codelite_make\codelite_make.mk

Looking at it, seems like it's fairly simple, one cpp file (plus all the scary .h files) so you might try at first compiling it from scratch then try statically linking it. Probably depends on wxwidgets, soyou need a static version of that, probably maybe.

Better probably would be a version of codelite_make written in python.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Gibbon1 wrote:Looking at it, seems like it's fairly simple, one cpp file (plus all the scary .h files) so you might try at first compiling it from scratch then try statically linking it. Probably depends on wxwidgets, soyou need a static version of that, probably maybe.
Its a single file, however, it does not reinvent the wheel: it uses libcodelite.so + libplugin.so facilities to generate Makefiles
Both built as shared libraries. we could build them as static libraries (in addition to their "shared" form), however, I don't see a way to workaround the libwx_*.so dependencies

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
neemo
CodeLite Curious

Post by neemo »

I did mess around with the make file to get it to try to link in static mode. I got everything compiling, but the linking fails horribly. It does seem to be mostly related to the wx libraries.

Do you guys know if wx distributes a static version of their libs? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe I can download the source and compile it statically myself? Thoughts?