Debugger Watchlist

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Taiga
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: foC

Debugger Watchlist

Post by Taiga »

Hello I am trying to debug. The Debug launcher pops up. However when I right click on a variable I can't seem to add it to the watchlist. Help would be much appreciated!
There is another problem aswell, though not as urgent. I dont see the step buttons for the debug anymore. I can still step using hotkeys but it would be neat to see them on the toolbar again.
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Debugger Watchlist

Post by eranif »

Hi,
Taiga wrote:However when I right click on a variable I can't seem to add it to the watchlist
You have 3 ways to do it:
1. Select the variable in the editor and right click _on_ it
2. Select it, click Ctrl and drag it to the Watches view
3. Click the (+) button on top of the watches view and add it from there

Note that when placing the mouse over a variable and click 'Ctrl+Left click' you will see a tooltip for this variable
Taiga wrote:I dont see the step buttons for the debug anymore. I can still step using hotkeys but it would be neat to see them on the toolbar again.
2 Ways to restore them:
1. Drag the debugger toolbar and place it on a row of its own (see modified image)
2. Change the toolbar buttons size to 16 (you are using the 24 button size): settings->global editor preferences->misc->Toolbar icon size->Small icons (16x16)
debugger.jpg
Eran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Taiga
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: foC

Post by Taiga »

Hello Thank you! As for the step buttons your answer solved the problem. However it didn't work for the debugger. I'm suspecting that there might be something else that is wrong. I took a look at the project settings. Is everything in order?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

I am not sure I follow:
What is the current problem?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread