C++ features not working after upgrade from 5.3 to 6.1

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
mkorhonen
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

C++ features not working after upgrade from 5.3 to 6.1

Post by mkorhonen »

I recently upgraded from Codelite 5.3 to Codelite 6.1 (self compiled on Ubuntu 12.04) and am reusing the same workspaces and C++ custom build projects. In Codelite 6.1, I've noticed the following issues that worked as expected in Codelite 5.3:
  • F12 doesn't work to switch between the header and CPP file
  • Right-clicking an #include "foo.h" doesn't give me an option to open up the header file
  • Right-clicking on an type doesn't give me an option to go to the declaration (I do get the options for CppCheck, CScope, etc.)
  • The font size is bigger than I had been using for .cpp files (it looks like the font size I was using for a plain text file) so I need to hold down CTRL and the mouse wheel to adjust the size everytime I open a file
  • Code completion in a .cpp file only prompts me for definitions from the global namespace
  • etc.
Are there some configurations I need to change in the workspaces/projects? Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks!
Mark
Gibbon1
CodeLite Expert

Re: C++ features not working after upgrade from 5.3 to 6.1

Post by Gibbon1 »

Might try and blow away the tags file, *.mk files, and .codelite directories.

Far as I've ever seen you can delete the .mk files generated by codelite. Codelite I think recreates them frequently. If you're using custom make files then your on you own.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Try deleting ~/.codelite
and see if it helps.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
The font size is bigger than I had been using for .cpp files (it looks like the font size I was using for a plain text file) so I need to hold down CTRL and the mouse wheel to adjust the size everytime I open a file
That wasn't my favourite 'improvement' either ;) . The fix is to open the 'Colours and Fonts' dialog (Settings > Syntax Highlight and Fonts) and, for c++ and every other ext you care about, click the 'Font' button and reduce the size e.g. from 11 to 10. That will work for all current and future files of those types.

Regards,

David
mkorhonen
CodeLite Curious

Post by mkorhonen »

Thanks for your suggestions - things are working again. :) Here is what I tried:
  • Deleting the .codelite subdirectory that was in the same directory as the workspace had no effect on these issues.
  • Deleting the ~/.codelite directory fixed everything but the font size. I did lose some history about recent workspaces and some configuration settings, but that is likely expected and wasn't a big deal for me.
  • Manually configuring the font size again in Settings > Colours and Fonts resolved the issue I described with the font size
I did have to manually configure some settings I had before (e.g. spaces vs. tabs, right margin indicator, etc.), but things seem to be working significantly better now.

If deleting the ~/.codelite directory is recommended during an upgrade, would it make sense to mention this on the wiki (as well as the side effects of doing so)? Perhaps something like this would belong in a more general troubleshooting guide (or maybe just letting people find this information in the forum is the way to go)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

mkorhonen wrote:f deleting the ~/.codelite directory is recommended during an upgrade
Its not required. But removing it, will make you lose all your custom settings (some people have defined compilers, new colour themes etc which they prefer not to lose...)
Its more of a "last resort" solution

Eran
mehrdad_58
CodeLite Curious

Post by mehrdad_58 »

Hi experts,
I face the same problem when upgrading from version 5.3 to 6.1.
But I could not find ~/.codelite directory.
first Question : where is this directory?
second Question : if it is a hidden directory, how I view it?
Thanks
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Under Linux, all folders starting with a "." (dot) are hidden, so you might not see them using the standard file manager.
Just open a console application (konsole, gnome-terminal etc) and type:

Code: Select all

rm -fr ~/.codelite
Eran