lockg
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Can't set LLDB as the default debugger in project template

Post by lockg »

Hi all - 1st post.

Using codelite 6.0 on Ubuntu, installed through aptitude, not self-built:

I created a new project, selecting "clang( based on LLVM 3.5 )" as the compiler and "LLDB Debugger" as the debugger and then saved the project as a new template named "Simple executable (clang++1)".

My ~/.codelite/templates/projects/Simple executable (clang++1)/Simple executable (clang++1).project file contains:

Code: Select all

<Configuration Name="Debug" CompilerType="clang( based on LLVM 3.5 )" DebuggerType="LLDB Debugger" Type="Executable" BuildCmpWithGlobalSettings="append" BuildLnkWithGlobalSettings="append" BuildResWithGlobalSettings="append">
                                                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<Configuration Name="Release" CompilerType="clang( based on LLVM 3.5 )" DebuggerType="LLDB Debugger" Type="Executable" BuildCmpWithGlobalSettings="append" BuildLnkWithGlobalSettings="append" BuildResWithGlobalSettings="append">
                                                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Whenever I create a new project from this template, the compiler is correctly set to clang, but the debugger is always set to "GNU gdb debugger" in the New Project Wizard dialog instead of "LLDB Debugger".

It's a minor inconvenience to select LLDB each time (or to change the project settings afterwards if I forget to make the change in the New Project Wizard), but I was wondering if there is any way to make LLDB the default.

Many thanks,
Gavin