Post by nmahendru »

Hello,

I am trying to build the latest codelite repo which i pulled as below:
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/codelite/codelitegit codelitegit

and then I ran the below three commands:

Code: Select all

mkdir build-release
 cd build-release
 cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
[/color]
They worked fine without errors.

but when I ran make -j4 I get the below error. Can anyone help ..! The precompiled binary hangs on my system so I am following this path but now this also does not work.

I am using ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

In file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/CurveShape.cpp:20:0:
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:93:37: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class wxDropTarget’
In file included from /usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/wx.h:39:0,
from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/wx_pch.h:37,
from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/CurveShape.cpp:11:
/usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/window.h:73:28: error: forward declaration of ‘class wxDropTarget’
In file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/CurveShape.cpp:20:0:
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:101:10: error: ‘wxDragResult’ does not name a type
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:440:2: error: ‘wxDragResult’ does not name a type
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:991:44: error: ‘wxDragResult’ has not been declared
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:1188:37: error: ‘wxDragResult’ has not been declaredIn file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/ControlShape.cpp:19:0:
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:93:37: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class wxDropTarget’
from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/wx_pch.h:37,
from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/ControlShape.cpp:11:
/usr/local/include/wx-2.9/wx/window.h:73:28: error: forward declaration of ‘class wxDropTarget’
In file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/ControlShape.cpp:19:0:
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:101:10: error: ‘wxDragResult’ does not name a type
In file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/ControlShape.cpp:19:0:
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:440:2: error: ‘wxDragResult’ does not name a type

/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:991:44: error: ‘wxDragResult’ has not been declared
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:1188:37: error: ‘wxDragResult’ has not been declared
In file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/MultiSelRect.cpp:18:0:
from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/MultiSelRect.cpp:11:
In file included from /home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/src/MultiSelRect.cpp:18:0:
/home/nitin/software/codelite/codelitegit/sdk/wxshapeframework/include/wx/wxsf/ShapeCanvas.h:1188:37: error: ‘wxDragResult’ has not been declared
make[2]: *** [sdk/wxshapeframework/CMakeFiles/wxshapeframework.dir/src/CurveShape.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [sdk/wxshapeframework/CMakeFiles/wxshapeframework.dir/src/ControlShape.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [sdk/wxshapeframework/CMakeFiles/wxshapeframework.dir/src/MultiSelRect.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sdk/wxshapeframework/CMakeFiles/wxshapeframework.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 2%] [ 2%] [ 2%] Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/SqliteResultSet.cpp.o
Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/SqliteDatabaseLayer.cpp.o
Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/SqlitePreparedStatement.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/DatabaseQueryParser.cpp.o
[ 2%] [ 2%] Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/DatabaseErrorReporter.cpp.o
Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/DatabaseResultSet.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/DatabaseLayer.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/DatabaseStringConverter.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/dblayer/PreparedStatement.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building C object sdk/databaselayer/CMakeFiles/databaselayersqlite.dir/src/sqlite3/sqlite3.c.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libdatabaselayersqlite.so
[ 2%] Built target databaselayersqlite
make: *** [all] Error 2
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Errors in building codelite ubuntu

Post by eranif »

How did you build your wxWidgets?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,
The precompiled binary hangs on my system
I'm interested in why it hangs, in case I somehow built it wrong.

First, do you have a 32 bit or a 64 bit system? And I presume you mean the latest CodeLite version, 5.3.

When you say it hangs, do you mean that it never starts? Or do you get something appearing, which then freezes? If so, is that immediately, or only when you do something?
What happens if you temporarily rename ~/.codelite, so that you make a clean start? Does it still hang?

Regards,

David
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

DavidGH wrote:I'm interested in why it hangs, in case I somehow built it wrong.
I just installed it on one of my old machines at work which runs Ubuntu 12.04 / 32 and it works just fine for me

Eran
nmahendru
CodeLite Curious

Post by nmahendru »

Thanks guys for your feedback.
eranif wrote:How did you build your wxWidgets?

Eran
I just built it following the procedure as listed on the wxWidgets site. Also the version i used is 2.9.5. It did go through without a single issue.
DavidGH wrote:Hi,
The precompiled binary hangs on my system
I'm interested in why it hangs, in case I somehow built it wrong.

First, do you have a 32 bit or a 64 bit system? And I presume you mean the latest CodeLite version, 5.3.

When you say it hangs, do you mean that it never starts? Or do you get something appearing, which then freezes? If so, is that immediately, or only when you do something?
What happens if you temporarily rename ~/.codelite, so that you make a clean start? Does it still hang?

Regards,

David
I hangs after about 10-15 minutes of use. and then it just gets stuck with 100% CPU. The time to hang reduces when I try to shuffle between multiple files. Also once that happens, even if I kill and restart codelite, it does not help me anymore as last used workspace itself doesn't open and codelite hangs on startup(Just the screen appears but I cannot select/do anything) on startup. To fix that I have to delet the .codelite and workspace and then restart it. But again it will hang in 10 - 15 minutes.

Also I am using 32 bit ubuntu 12.04 and this is what happened on codelite 5.2 after which I pulled the latest git clone and tried to compile the same.

Thanks

Nitin
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

When it hangs, can you attach gdb to codelite's process and print the backtrace?
Eran