CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
ycamio
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Configuration for C in Mac OS 10.6

Post by ycamio »

Hello,

Sorry to bother you all with a basic beginner's topic, I'm still a student. I am required to use codelite for a programming class. I have installed codelite 5.1 and 4.1 for Mac OS 10.6 (5.2 does not seem to support 10.6). I also installed gfortrans. I am trying to test it out with a typical helloworld after creating a HelloWorld workspace and HelloWorld project inside of the latter. The main.c in the src folder that is generated in the project has the typical code for helloworld.
The 5.1 sometimes crashes after compilation, so I've gone back to 4.1.
When I build in codelite 4.1 I get this in the build tab:

Build started:
/bin/sh -c '"make" -e -j 2 -w -f "HelloWorld_wsp.mk"'
/bin/sh: make: command not found
Build ended:
0 errors, 0 warnings

When I run it, it won't show hello world in the console screen. This is what I get instead:

cd "/Users/yosune/Desktop/HelloWorld/HelloWorld" && cd "./Debug" && ./HelloWorld
Yosunes-iMac:~ yosune$ cd "/Users/yosune/Desktop/HelloWorld/HelloWorld" && cd "./Debug" && ./HelloWorld
-bash: cd: ./Debug: No such file or directory
Yosunes-iMac:HelloWorld yosune$

I have no idea why I cannot get the words hello, world to show up in the screen.
I noticed that a .clang and a Debug folder are not created when I compile the program--I don't know what this means, I just know that they show in a video for my class, so I assume they are supposed to be there after running the executable.
I have configured the project to be a gcc executable using the gnu gcc compiler.

Any tips what may be happening? Unfortunately I am taking an online course, so I cannot go bang on my instructor's door, and they have up to 48 hrs to answer any of our queries. So I was hoping to get some pointers before two days elapse.

Thank you for your attention!

Yosune (newbie)