General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
hari krishna
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

No out put on console program

Post by hari krishna »

Hi

i am new to Codelite, simple program output not showing in console.
I attached a screen shot.

os win 7 64bit.
how to solve my problem.

Regards,
Hari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: No out put on console program

Post by eranif »

Can you please post here the build output?

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
hari krishna
CodeLite Curious

Post by hari krishna »

HI Eran,

Now it is working fine.
thank you.

Regards,
Hari
solewalker
CodeLite Veteran

Post by solewalker »

I also noticed it. It happens when I don't close the console from previous run, even for different projects I can't open multiple console from a single codelite instance. Looks like by default, multiple console is not supported by codelite or may be there is some option to enable it. Sometimes it might be necessary to open multiple console from a single instance. I don't know if its a bug or its disabled for some purpose.
asuglia
CodeLite Curious

Post by asuglia »

Sorry, I don't want to do necroposting but I've had the same problem as the one above me.

It's so frustraning to not be able to open multiple console in codelite. Is there a way in order to abilitate this feature? Or it's not allowed by default?
It could be a very good feature to have the possibility to open multiple instance of console in order to check multiple instance of two different programs that we've created in codelite.

Thank in advance for the reply and for your hard work.

Cheers, asuglia
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

asuglia wrote:It could be a very good feature to have the possibility to open multiple instance of console in order to check multiple instance of two different programs that we've created in codelite.
It can't be done on Windows since as long as the console program is running - you will not be able to link a new one. Windows will not allow you to replace the currently running executable with a new one.

In codelite 5.4 (next version), you will be able to use a built-in terminal instead of the default CMD.EXE which has an option to save the output to a file when the execution is over

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
asuglia
CodeLite Curious

Post by asuglia »

eranif wrote:
asuglia wrote:It could be a very good feature to have the possibility to open multiple instance of console in order to check multiple instance of two different programs that we've created in codelite.
It can't be done on Windows since as long as the console program is running - you will not be able to link a new one. Windows will not allow you to replace the currently running executable with a new one.

In codelite 5.4 (next version), you will be able to use a built-in terminal instead of the default CMD.EXE which has an option to save the output to a file when the execution is over

Eran
Have we got the same problems on the linux verrsion? Actually I've installed Codelite both on Archlinux and Windows 7 and I've got the same problems.
I ask you that simply because with other IDE you can easily open multiple console instances without any problems!
Maybe there is a way in order to grant to the user the possibility to use both the internal console and the external one (you should also been able to select which console, of the one installed on your system, you want to use in order to execute the program).

I hope that this kind of suggestion will help you to do a great work. Thank you a lot

asuglia