CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
weeb0
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

kubuntu 13.04 codelite will only start once

Post by weeb0 »

Hello,

I upgraded my system to kubuntu 13.04. I installed the latest version of codelite (5.1... from the private repository).

I can only start codelite once. The second time I try to open it, it will hang forever on startup, no gui come back.

I tried to reinstall the app, to delete the .codelite in my home directory. The only thing that works is to create a new profile. It will work 1 shot then I have to create a new profile ...

I tried to see the codelite version : codelite -v , same hang...

The only thing that seems to work for now is to sudo codelite ... which is not a very nice solution ...

Any hint to solve the problem ?

Thank you.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: kubuntu 13.04 codelite will only start once

Post by eranif »

weeb0 wrote:Hello,

I upgraded my system to kubuntu 13.04. I installed the latest version of codelite (5.1... from the private repository).

I can only start codelite once. The second time I try to open it, it will hang forever on startup, no gui come back.

I tried to reinstall the app, to delete the .codelite in my home directory. The only thing that works is to create a new profile. It will work 1 shot then I have to create a new profile ...

I tried to see the codelite version : codelite -v , same hang...

The only thing that seems to work for now is to sudo codelite ... which is not a very nice solution ...

Any hint to solve the problem ?

Thank you.
It seems to be a GTK bug (but I am unsure)
It is reported here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1142213

The reason that sudo codelite _did_ work for you is because it uses the "Raleigh" theme (my default theme :P)

See this bug reported couple of days ago:
https://sourceforge.net/p/codelite/bugs/895/

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
mikey
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: C++

Post by mikey »

I was having the same trouble running CodeLite under Kubuntu 13.04 (runs fine on 13.04 Unity desktop).

I saw on StackOverflow.com that others had similar issues with some other apps on Kubuntu 13.04 - somebody recommended they use the KDE system settings applet, where you can manipulate all the default styles, GUI widgets, etc to comply with the problem app.

So I set everything in there to work with default GTK stuff - that seems to have fixed the problem with CodeLite - now running fine under Kubuntu except for one issue:

The menus aren't working right - if you hit alt-B for example,to get to the build menu, you get the file menu, not the build menu - so can't use keystroke shortcuts to menu items - big pain. Not sure if this is a problem with CodeLite or Kubuntu - I ran another app that also uses GTK and didn't have the problem, but it also has a different menu layout: the menu is under the mainwindow title bar, but when CodeLite runs under Kubuntu you get this floating/disappearing style menu. Not sure how that is controlled.
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

It works for me, on a kubuntu 13.04 VirtualBox guest that's absolutely standard, apart from changing the theme to either 'GTK+ Style' or 'MS Windows 9x'. Perhaps it's a result of some other change you made.

Regards,

David