can find have a droplist

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

can find have a droplist

Post by leon_lee »

can find have a droplist? so that it can remember what I searched in the droplist, and I can get it from the droplist if I want to search something again. If no one wants to do it, please show me which part I should change to have the droplist, and I'll do it myself.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: can find have a droplist

Post by eranif »

You can look at QuickFindBar class, file:
LiteEditor/quickfindbar.cpp

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

eranif wrote:You can look at QuickFindBar class, file:
LiteEditor/quickfindbar.cpp

Eran
when I change something of quickfindbar.cpp, I have to build the whole project again, which is really time-consuming. Can I just build part of the codelite? Just the modify part? that would be easier for me.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

leon_lee wrote:when I change something of quickfindbar.cpp, I have to build the whole project again, which is really time-consuming. Can I just build part of the codelite? Just the modify part? that would be easier for me.
Nope. This is how compiler works, when you change a header you need to compile all the parts that it affects

Eran
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

the attached is my patch for quickfindbar. It just simply change the textctrl into combobox.
How can I get a nightly build for this? I really feel this is good for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

leon_lee wrote:How can I get a nightly build for this? I really feel this is good for me.
Didn't you just built it locally? why don't you use it?

There is no nightly builds for codelite
Eran
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

eranif wrote:
leon_lee wrote:How can I get a nightly build for this? I really feel this is good for me.
Didn't you just built it locally? why don't you use it?

There is no nightly builds for codelite
Eran
well, should I build it again after I change the workspace config to "windows release", instead of "windows debug"? "windows debug" version seems to be larger and slower.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

leon_lee wrote:well, should I build it again after I change the workspace config to "windows release", instead of "windows debug"? "windows debug" version seems to be larger and slower.
Under Windows, you should do the following:

- Compile the 'Win Release Unicode'
- Open a CMD shell from within codelite - this is important, as CMD shell opened from within codelite will be using the environment variable deinfed in codelite (to open a CMD shell from within codelite, you can right click on any of the open files tab and seelct 'Open Shell at file path')
- Close codelite
- Open a CMD console

Code: Select all

cd \Path\to\codelite\src\Runtime 
update.bat
NOTE: you might need to change the 'update.bat' script to fit your actual installation paths
Eran
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

eranif wrote:
leon_lee wrote:well, should I build it again after I change the workspace config to "windows release", instead of "windows debug"? "windows debug" version seems to be larger and slower.

- Open a CMD shell from within codelite - this is important, as CMD shell opened from within codelite will be using the environment variable deinfed in codelite (to open a CMD shell from within codelite, you can right click on any of the open files tab and seelct 'Open Shell at file path')
- Close codelite
- Open a CMD console

update.bat
NOTE: you might need to change the 'update.bat' script to fit your actual installation paths
Eran
Yes, It's working.
Infact, I just need to change the following in the update.bat:
REM set TARGET_DIR=%ProgramFiles(x86)%
set TARGET_DIR=c:\Program Files\
leon_lee
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by leon_lee »

eranif wrote:

- Close codelite
- Open a CMD console

update.bat
Eran
It seems that the Build panel in the output view is changed. But it's not good for me. I often want to copy some part of it from the build output, but now I can't do that. How can I change this panel back to the previous state?