CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
sean.mac.dubhsithe
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Enabling PostgreSQL in the DBExplorer plugin

Post by sean.mac.dubhsithe »

Greetings,

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere or if I'm being a complete neophyte, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable the PostgreSQL support in the DBExplorer plugin on Windows.

Please help,
Sean
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Enabling PostgreSQL in the DBExplorer plugin

Post by eranif »

sean.mac.dubhsithe wrote:Greetings,

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere or if I'm being a complete neophyte, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable the PostgreSQL support in the DBExplorer plugin on Windows.

Please help,
Sean
Since codelite does not distribute the PostgreSQL sources, its disabled by default.. To enable it you will need to build codelite from sources once you have installed the PostgreSQL client libraries

To build codelite from sources, follow these simple steps ("Build codelite using the pre-compiled binaries"):

[imghttp://www.codelite.org/Developers/Windows#toc1[/img]

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
sean.mac.dubhsithe
CodeLite Curious

Re: Enabling PostgreSQL in the DBExplorer plugin

Post by sean.mac.dubhsithe »

Thank you for the quick response. I was able to build CodeLite from the sources after I installed PostgreSQL, but it is still not supported in the DBExplorer. I assume "after installing the PostgreSQL client libraries" must mean something other than "after running the PostgreSQL binary installer for Windows", in which case, I don't know how to install the PostgreSQL client libraries or what that even means. Is that something in the EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL StackBuilder that I need to install, or is it something I need to do to the CodeLite sources. I'm primarily a database and PowerScript programmer who wants to learn C++, so at this point, I know next to nothing about C++ or how to manipulate C++ programs. Any additional help would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your patience.