Error: macro names must be identifiers

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
barry53
CodeLite Curious
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:53 am
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++
Contact:

Error: macro names must be identifiers

Post by barry53 »

Hello,
I'm completely new to CodeLite and C++ so this is probably just an oversite on my part.

CodeLite version: v3.5.5378
Installed from the Ubuntu repositories
My OS is Ubunutu 12.04 Precise

Build Window output:
[code----------Build Started--------
/bin/sh -c '"make" -j 2 -f "ubnt_wsp.mk"'
----------Building project:[ ubntinfo - Debug ]----------
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/barry/.codelite/ubnt/ubntinfo'
<command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
make[1]: *** [Debug/main.o.d] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/barry/.codelite/ubnt/ubntinfo'
make: *** [All] Error 2
----------Build Ended----------
0 errors, 0 warnings
[/code]

What I'v done is copy an example program from libssh2.org's site. It is c code and I'm pasted it into a c++ project.
At this point I'm so new at this I'm not sure what else to post. Let me know what else to post to get a handle on the
<command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
error.

Thanks for your time,
Barry
User avatar
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Posts: 6146
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 pm
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++
Contact:

Re: Error: macro names must be identifiers

Post by eranif »

It seems like you have a macro defined somewhere (from the output <command-line> it seems that you defined a macro with invalid name somewhere

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
barry53
CodeLite Curious
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:53 am
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++
Contact:

Re: Error: macro names must be identifiers

Post by barry53 »

Thanks for your reply Eran.
I too thought it was some invalid macro name, but I hadn't defined any macros and was using all standard headers. So I decided to start from scratch and as I added a section of code, compiled and if all went well added some more code. To make along story short, when I added <iostream> and used cout and cin the problem occurred again. Well after Googling and the usual debugging effort, I noticed Update Manager had some 70 updates to do. So I let Update Manager do the updates which of course required a restart. After I rebooted everything worked as it should. I don't know if it was one of the packages that fixed the issue or just the reboot, but anyhow things are working now.

Thanks again for your response,
Barry
Post Reply