Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
pmjobin
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Suggestion for $(WorkspacePath)

Post by pmjobin »

Hi,

On a Windows host using GCC 4.6.0 and the latest Codelite (4778), I attempted to configure a project to generate the output file into the $(WorkspacePath) directory but unfortunately, this caused mingw32-make to fail with the following diagnostic:

Code: Select all

*** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
This is due to the fact that $(WorkspacePath) is an absolute path (with a colon) and is surrounded by quotes. After removing the quotes from $(WorkspacePath) in the generated .mk file and running mingw32-make manually, it doesn't complain anymore and it generates the output at the expected location.

Thus, I would like to make a suggestion regarding the value of the $(WorkspacePath) macro. I think it would be better if quotes weren't added to it by default. If ever we need them, we can always add them manually to whatever is using $(WorkspacePath), while still allowing project output to be located relatively to $(WorkspacePath).

Thanks,
PM
rioki
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Suggestion for $(WorkspacePath)

Post by rioki »

Hi,

I second this request. The only reason why you need quotes is when you have special / white space chars in the path. Basically you can fold mingw with white space characters. A middle ground solution would be to escape the characters with "\". This works on POSIX but I don't know with mingw32-make...

Sean