Problem linking static libraty from console application

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
telespalla.filone
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Problem linking static libraty from console application

Post by telespalla.filone »

Hi, I'm evaluating CodeLite for a group of projects I have to work on in the coming months and I found some issues, may be due to my lack of experience regarding C++ and CodeLite.
I'm using CodeLite v2.9.0.4684 on Ubuntu 10.10 and have a very basic situation. My workspace contains 2 project, a dynamic library and a console application and I need to use, from the console application, classes provided by the library. I added the include path to the console app settings but I'm not able to set the linker up correctly, so to build everything with no errors. Every time I try I get the output shown on the attached image.
I have been stuck with this for days and I would appreciate a lot any suggestion. Thanks in advance.
I also attach an archive containing a test case workspace to reproduce my problem.

regards

Filippo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reiy
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: C++

Re: Problem linking static libraty from console application

Post by reiy »

Have you set the linker settings? The linker settings can be found at:
"Project Settings" -> Common Settings -> Linker

"Project Settings" can be accessed by right-clicking at your test2 project and click on the "Settings..." option.
josee
CodeLite Enthusiast
IDE Question: C++

Post by josee »

Hi,

I don't think that this is a problem with CodeLite but suspect that you mean "TestClassNamespace::" instead of "TestCalssNamespace::".

Regards

Jörg Seebohn
telespalla.filone
CodeLite Curious

First of all thanks for your time. Well, really the TestCalssNamespace error is a spelling error in the original class (TestClass), I let that the auto completion suggested me the namespace so I think that's not the problem. Moreover I already did as reiy indicates. I tried to set the linker path setting in the console application settings but, unfortunately, with the same result.
Thanks again.

Filippo
telespalla.filone
CodeLite Curious

Well, I finally found the cause of my problem. I did a mistake setting the relative path of the library and I completely forgot to set the library name in linker settings. It is due to my very limited experience in C++ programming and I apologize for that. Sorry for bothering you with a so childish error and thanks again for your time.
Kind regards

Filippo