General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
irfans
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Building my workspace from command line

Post by irfans »

Hello,

Firstly, great IDE. I'm really enjoying using it. I've got a question (i did try searching the forum, so apologies if this question has already been answered):

Is there anyway of building my workspace from the command line specifying the configuration as an argument? I know there are make files but these appear to be either debug or release. I want to be able to do both. I tried -h on the codelite command line but couldn't find a build option. If makefiles are the way to do this, what is the best way to keep them in sync with the project settings?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer,
jfouche
CodeLite Guru

Re: Building my workspace from command line

Post by jfouche »

I already asked Eran about this feature, but it seems not so easy to implement : the build isn't GUI independent.
Jérémie
irfans
CodeLite Curious

Re: Building my workspace from command line

Post by irfans »

I wouldn't mind the GUI starting provided there was no user interaction required. I need to incorporate my workspace/projects in an automated build. It's kind of important feature to have I think. Sure I could use the makefiles but these might be older than the project file or using the wrong configuration.

Shame, such a great IDE but it doesn't meet my needs. I wish Eran the best with it.