General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
alexfradiani
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

SymbolView plugin - ordering symbols

Post by alexfradiani »

Hello.
i recently started to use Codelite and i'm very happy with it. its very customizable.

there is only one thing that causes me trouble,
i really need the outline to show me the symbols (functions, variables, etc...) in the order they appear on code. not alphabetically.
of course i can live without it but it slows me down when reading certain files. because the order you put the symbols sometimes have a logical relation.

i think that this functionality shouldn't be that hard to achieve, actually to order the list alphabetically you already indexed the symbols on the file right?
if i can give a hand to add this (or maybe if someone guides me through the code and to get the necessary tools to build it...). i think its worth it.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: SymbolView plugin - ordering symbols

Post by eranif »

alexfradiani wrote:i really need the outline to show me the symbols (functions, variables, etc...) in the order they appear on code. not alphabetically.
Since the SymbolView has 2 "view mode" (file, project and workspace) I am guessing that you are talking about the first view "Current file"

It should not be that hard to achieve that, if you are willing to take the task, contact me via IRC (irc.freenode.net channel #codelite)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread