Keyword and tag completion problem

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
fanhe0513
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Keyword and tag completion problem

Post by fanhe0513 »

1. In the past when codelite could not auto-display the wordcompletion-box, I like to set auto-insert single math. But It has a problem nowadays. I do not set auto-display wordcompletion-box and set auto-insert single math, I want to type "puts", when I type "pu", the keyword completion is actived, the result is "public", I can not control.

2. We know keyword completion would auto-display wordcompletion-box on typing with 2 chars. If I set 2 chars of tag auto-display trigger, the wordcompletion-box do not have any keyword entry.

3. Tooltips will wrap the long text nowadays, but I think it's better if it will not split words over two lines. It is best to display the original text.

Thanks for your great work and how to solve the problem? In particular, the first problem.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Keyword and tag completion problem

Post by eranif »

fanhe0513 wrote:1. In the past when codelite could not auto-display the wordcompletion-box, I like to set auto-insert single math. But It has a problem nowadays. I do not set auto-display wordcompletion-box and set auto-insert single math, I want to type "puts", when I type "pu", the keyword completion is actived, the result is "public", I can not control.
You will need to disable the auto-suggestion for C/C++ keywords.
go to: Settings | Tags Settings | General , Sub tab: "Display and Behavior"
and untick the option: Display completion box for language keywords
fanhe0513 wrote:e know keyword completion would auto-display wordcompletion-box on typing with 2 chars. If I set 2 chars of tag auto-display trigger, the wordcompletion-box do not have any keyword entry.
I am not sure I understand this one
fanhe0513 wrote: 3. Tooltips will wrap the long text nowadays, but I think it's better if it will not split words over two lines. It is best to display the original text.
This is done because under GTK if the Window is too long, it will crash the X-server - so we cant change it

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
fanhe0513
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by fanhe0513 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fanhe0513
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by fanhe0513 »

2. I want "struct".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fanhe0513 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
fanhe0513
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by fanhe0513 »

3. check the 2 images. In image 1, the word "SDL_MouseMotionEvent" and "SDL_JoyHatEvent" and "SDL_QuitEvent" are splited.