CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Netzschleicher
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

CodeLite Project Path

Post by Netzschleicher »

Hello,

i tried out CodeLite but have some problems.
I make a TestProject in the following Project-Path: "D:\Eigene Dateien\CodeLite".
Wen compiling the Project, an error occurs and no .exe file was created. If i change the Project-Path to
"D:\CodeLite", it works fine. How can i use my "D:\Eigene Dateien\CodeLite" Path?

And the next Question, is there any possibility to change the IDE-Language to German?

CodeLite Version 2.6.0.4189 ( Version 2.5.2.4031 and 2.5.3.4075 generate the same Error on the Project-Path)

Thanks a lot.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: CodeLite Project Path

Post by eranif »

Netzschleicher wrote:Wen compiling the Project, an error occurs and no .exe file was created.
You are probably using MinGW - MinGW does not work well with paths which contain spaces (it will cause problems to gdb as well) - I highly recommend you to avoid paths with spaces.
Netzschleicher wrote:And the next Question, is there any possibility to change the IDE-Language to German?
Nope. Some people started translating codelite - but patches were never submitted

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Netzschleicher
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Netzschleicher »

Thank you for the fast Answer.

it´s real pity that i can´t use my Path. Now, i think that i make a new path especially for CodeLite.
The German translation is not so important, reading english ist better than writing for me. :)

thank you.
Netzschleicher
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Netzschleicher »

I have another question about CodeLite.

When creating a new Workspace, CodeLite´s default Path is "C:\Programme\CodeLite".
Can i set a Environment-Variable to set the default Path i.e. to "D:\CodeLite"?

thanks a lot