Thanks Eran for a really great IDE!

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
iwbnwif
CodeLite Veteran
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Thanks Eran for a really great IDE!

Post by iwbnwif »

In a couple of recent posts I have made suggestions for areas of CL that I think would improve it. These were small things that I had got used to previously using Qt Creator and Eclipse but as was recently pointed out by Peteh here http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 1&start=10 if there is something that I really want then I should implement it myself . I only wish that I could :)

However it did make me remember how many fantastic features there are in CL. It is by far my favourite IDE, especially as it sits nicely between something a bit too simplistic like Gedit or Kate and something slow and over-bloated like Eclipse.

So what are my favourite bits? Hmm, its hard to list them all but here goes:
  • Eran's fast response to user problems no matter how trivial
  • Fast, responsive, lightweight IDE but with all the features that are really needed
  • 'Just works' out of the box on both Linux and Windows
  • Code completion
  • Well integrated and capable visual development with WxCrafter
  • Excellent refactoring (I've done a lot :oops: and haven't had a problem yet!)
  • Super-slick integration with GDB
  • Good integration with SVN
  • Good integration with UnitTest++
  • Good integration with cppcheck
So thanks for a really great tool and really great (free!!) support. I would encourage everyone to register their copy of WxCrafter to ensure the continued development of both tools.
solewalker
CodeLite Veteran
IDE Question: C++

Re: Thanks Eran for a really great IDE!

Post by solewalker »

I would also like to see debug log with or without a console, this makes searching for particular debug message easier, but its not a major issue, simple enhancement and I can live without it :)

+1 for thanking eranif, but do not forget to thank DavidGH too. They together made this amazing IDE possible :)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Thanks Eran for a really great IDE!

Post by eranif »

iwbnwif wrote:In a couple of recent posts I have made suggestions for areas of CL that I think would improve it. These were small things that I had got used to previously using Qt Creator and Eclipse but as was recently pointed out by Peteh here http://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 1&start=10 if there is something that I really want then I should implement it myself . I only wish that I could :)

However it did make me remember how many fantastic features there are in CL. It is by far my favourite IDE, especially as it sits nicely between something a bit too simplistic like Gedit or Kate and something slow and over-bloated like Eclipse.

So what are my favourite bits? Hmm, its hard to list them all but here goes:
  • Eran's fast response to user problems no matter how trivial
  • Fast, responsive, lightweight IDE but with all the features that are really needed
  • 'Just works' out of the box on both Linux and Windows
  • Code completion
  • Well integrated and capable visual development with WxCrafter
  • Excellent refactoring (I've done a lot :oops: and haven't had a problem yet!)
  • Super-slick integration with GDB
  • Good integration with SVN
  • Good integration with UnitTest++
  • Good integration with cppcheck
So thanks for a really great tool and really great (free!!) support. I would encourage everyone to register their copy of WxCrafter to ensure the continued development of both tools.
Thank you for the kind wards!

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread