New Project Dialog

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Verax
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

New Project Dialog

Post by Verax »

I ran into this when I first started using CodeLite a few days ago and it took me a good 30 minutes to figure out how to create a new project.

When I attempt to create a new project, the following dialog window appears.
TooSmall.png
As you can see the "Project Name" is hidden and, because I haven't entered a name yet, the OK button is disabled. It took me a while to realize that I had to resize the dialog box, and when I do so, the following appears.
BetterButGridTooLarge.png
That's better, but the grid is very wide. But at least I can create my project.

Can anything be done about this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm currently running CodeLite 5.0.x (Custom build from trunk on 2013-01-28), but I experience this in the 4.1 build about a week ago and I've also experienced it in the office 5.0.6213 build). I'm using both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: New Project Dialog

Post by eranif »

There is a sash in the middle - you can move it to resize the grid size to a small size.
Once this is done, the sizes will be remembered, see screenshot below
1.png
Eran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Verax
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Verax »

I see, the resize handle is a few pixels off to the right, so I didn't notice it.

About the window size. Even if I resize the window, it always goes back to the small size. Can you please let me know how it behaves on your end?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Verax wrote: Can you please let me know how it behaves on your end?
Obviously it works as expected otherwise I would have fixed it by now.
I also tested it on linux / mac -> works

I can recommend you to delete your local codelite.xml file %appdata%\CodeLite\config\codelite.xml and see if it helps (it will remove all "old" sizes and will reset the sizes back to their default values)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Verax
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Verax »

I reverted back to the official build (5.0.6213) and sure enough the problem is gone. It must be something in my personal build.