General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
lurscher
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

using codelite 4.1 with scons build

Post by lurscher »

Hi,

according to http://www.codelite.org/LiteEditor/ClangIntegration41, in a makefile project you can add some variables and codelite will realise what compile options are in effect to enable clang completion

Is there something like that for scons projects?

Also, is there a way that adding/removing files to a project can keep in sync the SConstruct file associated to a project? or do i need to adjust it manually?

thanks!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: using codelite 4.1 with scons build

Post by eranif »

lurscher wrote:Is there something like that for scons projects?
To enable clang code completion:
- enable clang code completion in codelite as described on the wiki page
- Never used scons, but if you can "tell" scons that your c++ compiler is "codelitegcc g++" instead of "g++" - you are done. If scons honors the default CXX environment variable, then simply set it within codelite's environment variables (again, described on that wiki page)
lurscher wrote:Also, is there a way that adding/removing files to a project can keep in sync the SConstruct file associated to a project? or do i need to adjust it manually?
Manually, or write a plugin for that ;) - should not be too hard to implement though

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
lurscher
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by lurscher »

I've seen the qmake plugin and it seems straightforward to base from that. Something i haven't been able to figure out is how to install the development package, i used the codelite private repository for ubuntu precise (12.04) to install codelite 4.1.5770, i created a new plugin with the wizard, but when building i get an error that plugin.h is not found.

Also, i installed codelite-plugins, but it seems that this package conflicts with codelite, so it uninstalls codelite before installing itself.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

lurscher wrote:Also, i installed codelite-plugins, but it seems that this package conflicts with codelite, so it uninstalls codelite before installing itself.
codelite-plugins is the Ubuntu package which bundles codelite plugins ;)

Do not install it with codelite's private deb - like you noticed, they conflict

You need checkcout codelite's sources or use the source tar ball for the specific installation

Eran
lurscher
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by lurscher »

I downloaded the matching tarball, added the include path to the Interfaces folder, but i'm still getting this error during build of the wizard generated plugin:
Downloads/codelite-4.1.5770/Interfaces/ieditor.h:30:10: fatal error: 'browse_record.h' file not found
any idea what i'm missing?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

to create a plugin, you need to set various include paths, not only to 'Interfaces'

However, instead of creating it manually, you can use the Wizards plugin to create a codelite plugin.

From PLugins -> Wizards -> New codelite plugin

This will set everything as it should

Eran
lurscher
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by lurscher »

eranif wrote: However, instead of creating it manually, you can use the Wizards plugin to create a codelite plugin.

From PLugins -> Wizards -> New codelite plugin

This will set everything as it should
Eran
This is what i meant when i said "but i'm still getting this error during build of the wizard generated plugin"

Btw, i solved it by adding the paths to CodeLite/ and Plugin/, it gives a warning about C-linkage for user defined type GetPluginInfo, but i get a linkage error because it cannot find the following libraries:

-lpluginud
-lcodeliteud
-lwxsqlite3ud

Do i need to build the CodeLite sourcebase or are those libraries bundled with codelite?

On the /usr/lib/codelite path i see libraries called almost the same; libpluginu.so, libcodeliteu.so and libwxsqlite3u.so, almost the same except the missing d at the end of the soname
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

lurscher wrote:This is what i meant when i said "but i'm still getting this error during build of the wizard generated plugin"
Yes, I probably missed that
lurscher wrote:Btw, i solved it by adding the paths to CodeLite/ and Plugin/, it gives a warning about C-linkage for user defined type GetPluginInfo, but i get a linkage error because it cannot find the following libraries:
Are you sure you are using the correct build configuration? (note that there are separate builds for windows and for linux)

It should compile without any errors...if not - please report it as bug in SF

Eran