gdb breakpoints not fixed yet in 2012

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Ulterior
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

gdb breakpoints not fixed yet in 2012

Post by Ulterior »

I thought this nuisance is going to fade away eventually, BUT I still dont get a solid GDB breakpoint behaviour on windows 7 64bit machine regardless of is there spaces in directory names or not. Moreover, if the breakpoint is being hit, the cursor is positioned somewhere below the target. Do I have to install windows XP 32bit virtual machine to be able to use these features? Stack overflow has these problems listen since start of 2011 and I see its not addresses yet, please fix them ASAP :shock:
Ulterior
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Re: gdb breakpoints not fixed yet in 2012

Post by Ulterior »

Here is a screenshot of code with 3 breakponts of which only the third got touched. Anyone can explain this odd behaviour?

Image http://postimage.org/image/mjsyyhpah/
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: gdb breakpoints not fixed yet in 2012

Post by eranif »

Ulterior wrote:Anyone can explain this odd behaviour?
1) It seems that your codelite is configured to place breakpoint after 'main' is hit, to disable this 'Settings -> Debugger Settings -> GNU Gdb -> General' and make sure that the flag "apply breakpoints after main function is hit" is unchecked
2) The first breakpoint will never hit (gdb will place it inside the main function), so the debugger will stop but inside 'main' and not on the declaration line where there is no executable code

Posting the full debugger log (as the sticky post at the top of this forum suggested) could shed some more light on the problem

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=804
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread