Jump to code line from Ouput view

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
emadima
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Jump to code line from Ouput view

Post by emadima »

I'm using a project with custom Makefike (Ubuntu 11.10)
After building, if I double click on a line of the build Tab of the Output View which show an Error/Warning,
I cannot open the file and jump to the line of the Error/Warning.

In the Trace Tab, it says that it cannot locate the relative file, because it looks for it in the Main folder of the Project,
it doesn't look for it in the relative folder that contains the file.

Two Codelite version ago, (probably August build) it worked prefectly. (unless I added -s to the "make" options)

Do I need to change some option or modify something??

thank you in advice for help,
regads,
Emanuele.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Jump to code line from Ouput view

Post by eranif »

Please provide some example of your build output (i.e. the *entire* output of your build) + the error in the 'Trace' tab
I don't recall any changes that were made in that area
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
murraydt
CodeLite Curious

Post by murraydt »

Hi Eran

I can confirm the same (or very similar) issue. I'm using scons and Ubuntu 11.10.

Compiler errors are not marked in the source display if the file is already open. If I click on the error in the
build pane another instance of the source file is opened and with the error lines marked.
The original source file display remains unchanged.

In the trace pane I get "Failed to find file:" *after* I click the error line in the build pane.

If I compile with the offending source file closed it is not opened, no message is in the Trace pane.
Clicking on the error in the build pane opens the source file, correctly marked but the "Failed to find file" message
still appears in the Trace pane even though the file opened OK.

This is new behaviour. I've been using Codelite + scons for a long time - thanks!

Build and Trace panes are attached

Cheers
Murray
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
murraydt
CodeLite Curious

Post by murraydt »

I may have solved this.

As I noted in the attached build & trace text file my home is /home/murray and there is a sym link /home/tagdev
that links to it (the project is normally mounted on a machine with /home/tagdev which is referenced in the codelite project).
I swapped this so the directory was named tagdev/ and the sym link murray/ and the issue went away.

I'm using other tools in this environment and they don't seem to care. Perhaps Codelite is not following the sym link correctly
on some occasions?

Cheers
Murray