no output

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
telescopic
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

no output

Post by telescopic »

Hi, I have spent enough time and still cannot figure out why I only have the x-window comes up but wihout any output displayed in it. I installed Codelite under Ubuntu. The project is compiled correctly and the executive file (./Play) is found in /Debug directory.

What configuration I have to make in order to have output displayed?

Output:
---------------------
Current working directory: /home/elvin/.codelite/1/Debug
Running program: x-terminal-emulator -sb -title './Play ' -e '/bin/sh -f /usr/lib/codelite/codelite_exec ./Play '
Program exited with return code: 0
----------------------

Thank you
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: no output

Post by eranif »

did u try to run this command from a terminal:

Code: Select all

x-terminal-emulator -sb -title './Play ' -e '/bin/sh -f /usr/lib/codelite/codelite_exec ./Play '
Also: did you modify the settings of the terminal? codelite does not use "x-terminal-emulator" but the default should be '/usr/bin/codelite_xterm'

Which codelite version do you have?
Did you install it from Ubuntu repositories or from the deb files I publish in sourceforge?

If you used the one from the repositories, I suggest that you try the .deb files from sourceforge ( the ones in the repositories are modified by the Ubuntu packagers, changes which I don't agree nor I support them )

EDIT:
I did a little research and I found out that codelite sources are modified by the ubuntu (or maybe Debian but I dont really care) packager. So unless the deb you installed were from sourceforge, I can not help you. You should file a bug to Ubuntu / Debian.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
telescopic
CodeLite Curious

Re: no output

Post by telescopic »

Thank you for pointing to the terminal configuration line. I found: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid ... bug/575635

which work well for now.