Ver 1145 Unhandled Exception

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
ndivner
CodeLite Enthusiast

Ver 1145 Unhandled Exception

Post by ndivner »

Hi Eran,

I can download version 1145 and install it ok. However if I then try and open a workspace such as codelite itself I get an Unhandled exception error. I do not have any problems with version 1094.

I am running WinXP.

Using version 1094 I have built the svn sources successfully but still get the exception error when executing the resultant binary and opening a workspace.

Regards,

Noel Diviney.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Ver 1145 Unhandled Exception

Post by eranif »

The first thing, check under C:\Program Files\CodeLite\ to see if there is a crash.log file, if it exists, paste its content here.

Second, using revision 1094, I suggest to build CodeLite in debug mode (select 'Win Debug Unicode'), and start it with the debugger (F5).
When CodeLite will crash, you will get a dialog, select 'No' (Dont terminate the session), and view the 'Stack' tab this may give you some useful information on where CodeLite crashed.

Another suggestion: Since you are building CodeLite from SVN, try to see if you have any conflicts (especially in XML files), by running this from the command line:

Code: Select all

svn status -q 
HTH
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
ndivner
CodeLite Enthusiast

Re: Ver 1145 Unhandled Exception

Post by ndivner »

Hi Eran,

All is well again now.

Moving Codelite to c:\msys-1011\local\share instead of the default c:\Program files was what caused the problem. It seems the environment path had multiple paths for Codelite with the first one being of course the wrong one.

My sincerest apologies. I hope I can be helpful and not a hindrance in the future.

Is the reason for the environment path because you have certain exe files in the bin directory. It is for this reason that I work from the msys environment as by tweaking /etc/profile I can take full control of paths and env variables etc. This was the way I got the cross compiling to work.

Best regards

Noel.