Color for user defined data types?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Jai Prakash Gaur
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Color for user defined data types?

Post by Jai Prakash Gaur »

Is there any way which I can give specific color to user defined classes (classes and other data type created by me)?
Like we have blue color for C++ keywords and default (given by language) data types, similarly suppose I have created few data types can I give a specific color to them?

Thanks,
Jai
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Re: Color for user defined data types?

Post by foxmuldr »

Jai Prakash Gaur wrote:Is there any way which I can give specific color to user defined classes (classes and other data type created by me)?
There are syntax highlighting keywords available under Settings -> Syntax Highlight and Fonts.... Select the "C++" tab and then you'll see "Set 0" through "Set 4". Add your keywords in there to have them highlighted.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org
Jai Prakash Gaur
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by Jai Prakash Gaur »

Thanks foxmuldr,

However I have already tried that, it shows my class in same color which it use for c++ keywords like int void I think it is not possible in codelight as of now,
they have to add a different style option for it then only it can be possible.
Could you please tell me what is the use of having set0 to set4 they all behave the same?
foxmuldr
CodeLite Expert

Post by foxmuldr »

Jai Prakash Gaur wrote:Could you please tell me what is the use of having set0 to set4 they all behave the same?
None that I can see. It would be nice if each one had its own color assigned, to delineate. The SemWare Editor (TSE, an old DOS and Windows editor) had this feature for all of its keyword sets.
Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
www.Visual-FreePro.org
www.LibSF.org