Feature Request : Remember last directory Used

Discussion about CodeLite development process and patches
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Feature Request : Remember last directory Used

Post by hbr_in »

Hi,

Thanks for the wonderful IDE. I am getting more addicted to this everyday.

Everyday i do a lot of Code edits. Move/Rename Files, Change file directory, I use "Add Existing Items.." Feature from workspace->project->folder context menu. But Codelite doesn't remember Last used directory. Can you provide/make codelite to remember last used directory for import, add features.

Also can you extend sort item to sort based on filename, filetype.

Any update on auto-hiding output-view window when loosing auto-focus.

Any update on Merging Find & Find in Files window. Since Find Dialog is small enough to reload quickly, you can either provide option to search in current document or in all open documents. Also, you can provide a button to switch to Find in Files Dialog.

I normally keep open 3-4 projects (related/unrelated to each other) inside codelite, So when i use Find in Files option, i have to always change Look in option to active project item. I don't want to search in other (unrelated) project, So can you check with others or other ide & whether you can make Active project as the default selection.

Sorry if asking more. i just want eliminate other IDE that i use.

TIA

Regards
Gururaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Feature Request : Remember last directory Used

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:Can you provide/make codelite to remember last used directory for import, add features.
Again I will need this to be reported in the tracker, otherwise it will get lost here
hbr_in wrote: Also can you extend sort item to sort based on filename, filetype.
Same as the previous comment
hbr_in wrote: Any update on auto-hiding output-view window when loosing auto-focus.
I did major code refactoring regarding the 3 main panels (Workspace, Output and Debug), I started a bug/FR squashing process and the 'Make debug auto-hide' is one of the next ones, when reporting bugs in the tracker i implement them according to priority, you can raise the priority of your FR at SF.
hbr_in wrote:Any update on Merging Find & Find in Files window
Is this one reported at SF (I dont think so) ? this is why I prefer things to be requested with as many details as possible (picture is the best) and be submitted as FR on SF
hbr_in wrote:can you check with others or other ide & whether you can make Active project as the default selection.
I believe that once selected ('Active Project') it remains the default selection next time you open the 'Find in Files' dialog.
Maybe a more robust way, it to introduce new option 'Current Document's Project' which will invoke the search in the currently active document' project (so you wont need to change the project to be active before searching)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
hbr_in
CodeLite Expert

Post by hbr_in »

eranif wrote:
hbr_in wrote:Can you provide/make codelite to remember last used directory for import, add features.
Again I will need this to be reported in the tracker, otherwise it will get lost here
Feature submited/requested herehttp://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=979963
eranif wrote:
hbr_in wrote: Also can you extend sort item to sort based on filename, filetype.
Same as the previous comment
Feature submited/requested herehttp://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=979963
eranif wrote:
hbr_in wrote: Any update on auto-hiding output-view window when loosing auto-focus.
I did major code refactoring regarding the 3 main panels (Workspace, Output and Debug), I started a bug/FR squashing process and the 'Make debug auto-hide' is one of the next ones, when reporting bugs in the tracker i implement them according to priority, you can raise the priority of your FR at SF.
i donot have admin access to increase priority
eranif wrote:
hbr_in wrote:Any update on Merging Find & Find in Files window
Is this one reported at SF (I dont think so) ? this is why I prefer things to be requested with as many details as possible (picture is the best) and be submitted as FR on SF.
requested herehttp://codelite.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59
eranif wrote:
hbr_in wrote:can you check with others or other ide & whether you can make Active project as the default selection.
I believe that once selected ('Active Project') it remains the default selection next time you open the 'Find in Files' dialog.
Maybe a more robust way, it to introduce new option 'Current Document's Project' which will invoke the search in the currently active document' project (so you wont need to change the project to be active before searching).
That would be wonderfull.

Thanks for all the wonderful Hardwork

TIA

Regards
Gururaja
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

hbr_in wrote:i donot have admin access to increase priority
Maybe it has to do with the fact that you opened the FR as 'anonymous' maybe if you were logged in while opening the original FR you could have modified the priority (I have other FR submitted by other user with different priorities, the only diff is that they were logged to SF at the time of opening the FR)

But I am not sure...
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread