How can I use the directx9.0 sdk under the codelite

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
Alex Wang
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

How can I use the directx9.0 sdk under the codelite

Post by Alex Wang »

As the title, I want to use the directx9.0 sdk, but I don't know how to set the path.Now I already set the Tags Options->Include Files, add the path of directx9.0 sdk,like this:H:\DXSDK\Include,H:\DXSDK\Lib, but I still can't compile my programme.The error is: ddraw.h:No such file or directory.
Thank you!
frank_frl
CodeLite Expert

Re: How can I use the directx9.0 sdk under the codelite

Post by frank_frl »

Hi Alex,

if I understand you right, you have added the paths only to the tag options, which is for code completion.
You must add the include path to your compiler settings and the lib path to your linker settings.

Frank
Alex Wang
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Alex Wang »

At first,I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.
I understand what your mean.But I don't know how to set the parameter.
I select the project then click the setting,but I don't know what can I do next.There are four options I can fill under the Complier Option——Compiler Options,Additional Search Path,Preprocessor and Using pre-compiled header via this header file,and three under the Linker——Options,Library Path,Libraries.Of course maybe use the vc++ will easily solve this problem.
But I don't want waste time in downloading the tools.
frank_frl
CodeLite Expert

Post by frank_frl »

Hi Alex,
Alex Wang wrote:I select the project then click the setting,but I don't know what can I do next.There are four options I can fill under the Complier Option——Compiler Options,Additional Search Path,Preprocessor and Using pre-compiled header via this header file,and three under the Linker——Options,Library Path,Libraries
in Compiler Options->Additional Search Path enter the include path H:\DXSDK\Include,
then in Linker Options->Library Path enter the library path H:\DXSDK\Lib,
then in Linker Options->Libraries add the libraries you need to link against.

Frank
Alex Wang
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Alex Wang »

frank_frl wrote:Hi Alex,
Alex Wang wrote:I select the project then click the setting,but I don't know what can I do next.There are four options I can fill under the Complier Option——Compiler Options,Additional Search Path,Preprocessor and Using pre-compiled header via this header file,and three under the Linker——Options,Library Path,Libraries
in Compiler Options->Additional Search Path enter the include path H:\DXSDK\Include,
then in Linker Options->Library Path enter the library path H:\DXSDK\Lib,
then in Linker Options->Libraries add the libraries you need to link against.

Frank
Thanks a lot for your reply.But I do the same work,and noting useful.The error as following:
mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `ddraw.h', needed by `ddraw.h.gch'. Stop.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
Alex Wang
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Alex Wang »

I am sorry.The error is:
g++ -o ./Debug/T3DLIB1 ./Debug/main.o ./Debug/t3dlib1.o "-L." "-LH:/DXSDK/Lib" -lddraw.h -ddraw
h:/mingw-4.4.1/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lddraw.h
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make[1]: *** [Debug/T3DLIB1] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [All] Error 2
Alex Wang
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Alex Wang »

frank_frl , thank you very much.The problem is solved.You're right.I give the wrong libraries name.Now I correct the error.Thanks again.