Search Problem

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
bkankur
CodeLite Curious

Search Problem

Post by bkankur »

Dear Friends,

I am facing some issue with Search option. Please find the following attachments of the snapshot of the search results from Codelite latest version and HEW IDE.
1) Codelite_search_result.jpeg
2) HEW_search_result.jpeg

The snapshots shows the search result for word "ZG_CONFIG_CUSTOM_WIFIMGR" in both IDEs and the results are different. The Snapshot also shows the Search Dialog box and the options that are selected.

Kindly let me know if you have any solution and if one needs more information from myside.

Have a Good Day..

Best wishes to CodeLite Team & Users..

Thank you,
Ankur.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Search Problem

Post by eranif »

Hi,

Usually this means that there are some non plain ascii text in those files (e.g. german umlauts)

Is it possible to have those file for testing purposes? (TCPStackTop.c, ZGDriverAccessApp.h and ZGSocket.c) this will really help me figure this out.

Thanks a lot!

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
bkankur
CodeLite Curious

Post by bkankur »

Dear Eran,

Thanks for your response.

Kindly find the attached Zip Archive with the files you have mentioned. I also notice that normal "find" using CTRL-F can able to search while searching files separately.

Let me know if you need further information.

Have a Good Day,
Ankur.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bkankur
CodeLite Curious

Post by bkankur »

Dear Eran,

Kindly requesting you share any updates if you have regarding the search problem in case if you need further information.

Have a Good Day.

Thank you,
Ankur
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

Hi,

here is my 2 cents:
As I suspected, it is a matter of encoding. CodeLite always assumes UTF8. However your file is probably failing with this, so I defaulted it to Latin1 and it worked:

- I changed the IDE's deafult character set to be latin-1 (from 'settings -> editor -> misc -> file font config' and select 'ISO-8859-1')
- Open the 'find in files' dialog and check the option 'use the editor's font encoding'
- Try the search again, this time you will get all 4 results.

OR

Another way is fixing the file to UFT8, to do this:
- Open the file that codelite fails to find a match in it, modified it (enter a space or something) and save it again - this time it will be saved as UTF8 properly.

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread