multiple editable views of file?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
N7DR
CodeLite Enthusiast
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

multiple editable views of file?

Post by N7DR »

I apologise for asking a question that probably has a simple answer that I'm somehow missing...

I have imported a sizable C++ project into Codelite successfully. Now I need to start editing some of the files, but I can't figure out how to get multiple editable views of the same file. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do that; I'm pretty much stuck without that ability -- jumping around files without it is so painful.

(The experience took me back to circa 1980 on a Data General Eclipse, which I think was the last time I had to write code in an environment without, if I recall correctly, any kind of split-screen editor. I had completely forgotten about coding on that machine.)
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: multiple editable views of file?

Post by eranif »

This is currently an limitation of the editor component
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
N7DR
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by N7DR »

:-( I want to be completely sure I understand: are you saying that there is in fact no way to see more than one point in a file?

I saw while investigating and before posting here that there's a plug-in called "External Tools", but I couldn't find any documentation for it. Can that provide a way to use an external editor somehow?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Yes, you can use the external tools plugin that to open another editor for the given file
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread