Can't find uncomment function and struggling to use quotations

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
codelight

Can't find uncomment function and struggling to use quotations

Post by codelight »

Hello,

I'm enjoying the use of Codelite but there are two things that bother me greatly while writing C:

1. It is an absolute struggle to get the program to accept double or single quotations (US-English HP keyboard, Linux Ubuntu 18.04).
For example, typing c = 'chr' is nearly impossible, it will simply not print the quotations most of the time if I don't get it right right away.

There seems to be some sort of auto-fill in play because when it DOES print them, it prints two of them which is nice but God forbid you accidentally remove one as you'll never get another one in place.

c = "str" (double quotations) is slightly less problematic but often results in me just removing the entire line and then writing it all over again so that it does allow me to print the quotes that I want. Occasionally I just copy and paste quotations from a previous entry.

I must be doing it wrong (i have to backspace a lot, clumsy fingers) but I'd like to disable this behaviour or learn how to work with it.

2. I can not seem to uncomment quickly. How do I go about removing comments in a quick fashion? The Windows shortcut that is mentioned on the web does not seem to work for Ubuntu.

Any tips?

Thanks!
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Can't find uncomment function and struggling to use quotations

Post by eranif »

You could select the block you want and hit Ctr+/ to comment/uncomment
If the quotations is confusing you, you can try and disable features from the: Settings->Preferences->Edit
mainly the entries that start with "smart"
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
codelight

Re: Can't find uncomment function and struggling to use quotations

Post by codelight »

Thanks. Is there a quick key for the */ (ctrl + shift + / ) comments as well?

It seems that it is the operating system that is actually interfering with printing the quotes and not Codelite ... I just never noticed before because I never had to make heavy use of quotes.. I will have to find out where this comes from.

Appreciate you taking the time to help out here.