General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Billiam
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Indent Arrows

Post by Billiam »

Hello!

I am relatively new to CodeLite. I was messing around with the settings to get a good environment for my development. I noticed how indents are marked with little arrows. Is there a way to change that? I like the style that Visual Studio has where there is a dotted line from start of an indentation to the end. Is there a way to change the settings to be like that?

Thank you!
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Indent Arrows

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

In Settings > Preferences > Folding, I think a mixture of 'Flatten Tree (Square|Circlular) Headers' and 'Highlight Active Fold Block' will do what you want.

Regards,

David
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Indent Arrows

Post by eranif »

Billiam wrote:I am relatively new to CodeLite. I was messing around with the settings to get a good environment for my development. I noticed how indents are marked with little arrows. Is there a way to change that? I like the style that Visual Studio has where there is a dotted line from start of an indentation to the end. Is there a way to change the settings to be like that?
The indentation markers are displayed as arrows when TAB is used for indenting. If you use SPACE, it will be shown as dots.

According to the docs, TAB can be displayed either as Arrow or Strikeout line:
https://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc. ... ABDRAWMODE

I can try the strikeout and see how it looks and maybe make it configurable
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread